miércoles, 2 de marzo de 2016

Fartlek workout

Today  at 7:15 p.m.I headed out to the conservatory to do my fartlek workout, I planned to do 3 min,2 min, 1 min x 2, with the same time as jog rest.

After warming up to the conservatory and running one easy lap to complete 15 + mins of warming up, I was ready to go. After the first 3 min interval, I thought that I was not going to finish the workout, I was not tired from the workout, but I felt a bit low in energy, because I worked a lot today. Anyway, I tried to relax as much as possible and could complete the workout feeling very strong mentally and physically.

I took 3 mins after the 3 mins fast, 2 mins after the 2 mins fast and 2 mins after the 1 min fast to start the 2nd set.

Felt good and I think that I worked pretty hard, when I wanted to pussy, I told myself that I run very easy on recovery runs so that I can push my hard days, so thats what I did.

Did a little cool down of 1+ lap. to complete 47 mins of total running what I would say 7.5+k. Not a lot of volume, but the intensity was definitely there. Felt very confident at the end, and felt that I can crush my last 5k race time, of course I can, because I already did in a " tempo" run.

Finished the workout after 8:00 p.m. and I forgot to mention and on both workout days, last Thursday and Today I walked home from work, so around 2.5-3k of walking after a long day of work, get dressed and go out to do my fartlek workout, I am burning some more calories, I cant complain.

Have a great humpday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario