domingo, 4 de agosto de 2019

Morning "Long run" with my brother

Today I was up at 6:55 a.m. which is very rare this day , and almost went back to sleep, but decided to run with my brother in the morning in the Turia Park. We met at 8:00 a.m. to run and the plan was to run 80 mins at an easy pace.

We started together, but soon He started to drop me, within the first 300-400m of the run, and I never caught me again. He is fresh because He is returning from a break and not doing stress workouts, I just did a tempo sessions with some 200s yesterday evening, so I literally had 12 hours between that run and this run. I ran pretty good though, since I was running faster than expected given how tired I felt, but at the same time felt fresh once I warmed up.

Started out slow at 6:36 the first km, then the second 6:21, 3rd 6:17, 4rd 6:13, and then started running after that 6:00s and in the last 2-3 kms did sub 6 mins per km (5:58-5:59 per km), negative Split for 90 secs +. Did 12.1k in 74:41, and then kept running at the same pace till completing 80 mins, so I did around 13.05k or something like that. My brother crossed the 12.1k in 71:21, so He was running 3:20 faster than me at that point. I felt pretty good and strong albeit a bit tired from yesterday`s session.

The heat was strong but managable, overall a good morning run. Now I have the afternoon to drink a couple of beers:)

5 runs this week, and around 50k total. Not bad considering how work has been lately. And next upcoming week wont be any easier I guess, since there are workers on vacation.

Anyway,  I Will keep my training going since I have worked very hard to reach that level of fitness again.

Happy Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario