martes, 28 de septiembre de 2021

So far so good

 Monday 20/09 - Planned day off

Tuesday 21/09 - After work did 8 laps in the blasco park starting from home as usual. From laps 6-8 did 6 strides. Started raining hard at the end so I had to finish the run at home. I usually walk some mins in the park to enjoy the scenery. 8 laps in 45:46, then ran some more to home to finish in 49:22 total time.

Wednesday 22/09- After work went to the Turia park to do my interval workout, my brother did a workout on Tuesday so I had to do this alone. Did 1 x 1600m@7:12, 800m recovery, then did 2 x 1000 @4:15, 4:16 and finish with a 400m in 1:34. Decent workout. Did not like the mile nor the 400s, but the 1000s were good.  A bit tired from the race still. Did 15:20 warm up including 5 x 50m strides and then afterwards did 15 more mins to home to cool down.

Thursday and Friday were runs after work and did the same exact same route at the same exact time. On Thursday did 47:18 and on Friday evening did 47:09. Did not want to run on Friday evening, because I was not going to have much rest for Saturday morning tempo run, but as I did not wake up early enough to run on Friday morning, I had to run in the evening.

Saturday - At 7:20 a.m. still dark went to the turia park to do my 6k tempo run. The goal was simple, to run under 30 mins. Given how I ran in the 15k race in the first, I thought that it would be easy, but it was not. In the warm up, I was tired and sluggish, and even though I felt good in the first km, then I slowed dramatically. The idea was to do it in the harbor, but there was a triathlon, so I did not want to sabotage my workout. I played it safe and went to the turia park, even if that meant to eat all the hills between the 3-4k. Did 15 mins including 5 short strides to warm up, then did the 6k tempo, first km was in 4:50 so I thought that I could run low 29 mins as I felt good, but then started to feel tired and never looked at the watch again, but pressed the split biutton at halfway, which was in 14:55, so did those 2k in 10:05, which did not feel very easy, finished in 29:57. Accomplished my goal, but that was not easy, and I am not sure if I can run sub 50 mins on Sunday 10k race. I will try for sure. I dont wear a watch so I will go by feel and compete hard. 15 mins easy cool down home. I was soaked when I got home, the humidity was crazy and my singlet and pant was like if I was in the pool. Almost 11k for the day. Good training, but I want to get back to sub 29 mins on my 6k tempos. Patience I guess. My brother ran a 10k race and did 50:43 in the evening, so we have the same fitness, it will be a good battle on Sunday.

Sunday - Up early and out at 07:30 a.m. dark to do my long run, went to the harbor with my brother very easy as he was recovering, he insisted to go to the harbor eventhough there was a triathlon. As we expected we had to do a variation of the route that I do for my long runs, the way out was almost equal as we normally do, but in the way back we had to take another route and I finished the run doing around 4 laps in the blasco park with the last lap in 4:50-5:00 feeling pretty good. The weather was much better than the day before. I hope to run on that weather in the 10k next Sunday. Total time was 1:30:46, the pace was very easy as my brother was in recovery mode and I did not want to push too much.

6 runs for the week and a solid week given that I raced a 15k on Saturday night. I am surprised that I could run a workout that solid on Wednesday.

Monday 27-09 -  planned day off

Tuesday 28-09 -  today after work I did 8 laps in the blasco park, which is my bread and butter route in the evening. From laps 6 to 8 did 6 strides. Total time was 45:19. Felt good in the strides and felt good on the run. Tomorrow a workout and then easy until race day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario