sábado, 23 de mayo de 2020

Catching up and a Tempo Run

Wednesday -  I ran after work at   8 P.M. I worked from home and for the reamining of the week was like that. I ran 6 laps at an easy pace in the Blasco park, I did 5:46 I think for the first lap, but then got the pace down, and finished the last lap in 5:06. Finished the 8 laps (7.2k ) in 42:18. Felt Good, a bit hot, but Good.

Thursday -  we had planned a tempo run, but I was having a stressful work day, so I told my brother that I was not sure about doing the tempo that day and that I would probably go with him, at his pace. In the afternoon work eased up, so I got my motivation back and then decided that I would do the tempo. But this time I would treat it as a structured workout, not warming up within the same run. I would warm up 12 mins including my normal 5 x 50m strides like I do to all my hard workouts. When I finished my warm up, my brother showed up in the park, but He had already warmed up, because he started running from his home. I did not have high expectations, because as you know I did not run for 6 weeks due to the luck down. Ok, I ran inside home once 21 mins, but not sure if I could count that as training. I did some Dynamic stretching before starting. Then we started the tempo together, but I soon gap him and with each passing lap I lapped him more and more. To be honest, He did not do so well. I felt pretty Good and the pace felt managable from the beginning, in the last lap I was tired, but I could sustain pace. To be honest I am in much better shape than I anticipated. We would do 5 laps in the park and then complete 5k. I would calculate my pace each lap and then calculate what would take me to do 500m more. Well I did 24:20-24:23 for the 5k.Which in my book is Good, not so far than my tempos before Quarentine and feeling stronger, about 40-45 seconds slower, which is less than I thought. I Will in my normal 23:30s sooner than later. My splits per lap were: 4:26, 4:25, 4:20, 4:24 (17:36), 4:20 (21:57), then ran 2:26 more which took my a bit more than the half of the park and I finished the run at 24:23. My brother stop his watch at 25 mins, but he passed the  5 laps in 24:44, which is around mid 27 mins for 5k, which is terrible. The guy did 20 x 20 push ups in the morning. I told him that he had to set priorities, if he wants to perform well, then he had to treat running seriously. He had gotten weight, one year ago he could do the tempo runs with me. Anyway, I told him that he had to eat less and take running seriously, He runs everyday since quarentine release, but what I mean by seriously, is that on workouts days, eat well and not tax his body with extra strength training. Of course, that Will depends upon your priorities. After the tempo, I did 2 more laps to cool down in 11:20 (5:50, 5:30) and called it a day. 9.5 laps of running which is around 8.6k total.

Friday - Ran at 8 p.m. again ( that is the earliest allowed Schedule in the evening to run) in the Blasco park and did 8 laps (7.2k) at an easy pace, started the first lap in 5:32, then got down to 5:10 the last one, most of them in the 5:12-5:16 range after the first lap. Felt really Good , hot, but felt pretty Good and not sore at all after the tempo the day before. Feeling very strong.

Today was supposed to be my rest day, but I am very bored here at home, so I Will do a 30 min run (6 laps) at an easy pace, and that Will be easy run for the day. Better that than watching YouTube videos or wasting my time in non sense.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario