sábado, 9 de mayo de 2020

Catching up

On Thursday at 8 p.m. I ran in the Blasco park  and did 6 laps as every day this week. 5.4k total. That day I was really tired and in the lap before the last one really felt the tiredness so at that time I said that I would rest on Friday. I finished the 5.4 k in 31:50. Laps were 5:32 working down to 5:09. Felt Good, but tired.

Yesterday, I was to walk in the park to take Friday as my day off, but I decided that I would run again, I walked enough 30 mins to the office and 30 mins and back and I downed a whole bag of pistachios myself so I decided that I needed to burn some of those calories.  Anyway,  the run was solid and I ran with my brother. Of course, we did not run directly together because I went out several seconds ahead to keep the new term " social distance". I ran harder than I should but I felt solid.  He is in Good shape also, because he finished 20 second or so behind, and I pushed some in the last lap. Splits per lap were 5:14,5:01, 4:53, 4:50, 4:49, 4:30. First half  in 15:08 and last half in 14:12. Then kept running to complete the 30 mins. I did 6 laps in 29:20 (5.4k) so it was around my current maratón effort. I felt Good, strong, but if I had to talk I am sure that I would lose air if you know what I mean. Weather was Good, not too hot!

So I went to bed at 2 a.m. last night and I was going to run this morning, but decided to take my rest day today, I never run everyday, and no point in running everyday in the come back. So rest day today and back at it tomorrow. I am heading the right direction, since the soreness each day is less than the last day eventhough the pace is " faster" than it should.  I think that I Will back to workouts sooner than I though.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario