viernes, 23 de marzo de 2018

Tempo run

On Wednesday I ran at 9:30 a.m. because I was going to attend later at work today. I did my bread and butter route at an easy effort, on the way back I wanted to do 5-8 strides, but I could only manage 2 because I had stomach problems. I felt good but on the first one I felt like a truck, the motto might be true," if you dont use it, you lose it", I mean if you dont run fast in training, it will be difficult to run fast on practice. Finished feeling good, no watch, but around 34-35 mins.

Yesterday I wanted to take the day off, but one of my roomates called Erick (who exercise in the gym often and run once in a while) was going out to run at invited me to join me, I did not hesitate since I was kind of bored here. I knew that yesterday`s run was going to be hard because in the past He had told me that he had run 45 mins in the 8k in training, I train much slower tan that these days.

I set the starting pace, dont know if it was the competitive juice, but I started faster tan I should, I was certainly was running much faster tan normal, and He looked confortable the whole way, I did not have a watch, but He was carrying the cellphone and He took the time. In the final km, I was spent and felt lactic acid in my legs, I was not running all out of course, but for an easy run it was too hard, so it was kind of a tempo run. I was surprised when He showed me the cellphone with around 150m to go and it said 28:48, around 3-4 mins faster tan my normal time in that route. I finished tired and todas my legs are a bit sore, so certainly not an easy run.

He kept on and did 1 more mile and later He said to me that He could go faster, and that He normally runs at that pace when He runs. I was kind of surprised and it would be interesting to run with him in a race.

I did my normal distance in around 32 mins or so. Certainly dont know, but accordint to his cellphone We ran at 8:34 per mile pace, heck , that was an easy run years back. A lot of work to do!! I enjoyed this run and later encouraged my roommate to enter a few races since He has got a lot of fitness and as I can see natural talent eventhough He is not that lean.

On Tuesday and yesterday I had presentations at college and I ran both days, I had not done that here, I think it worked since I was Kind of relaxed in both of them and did well. In the past I did not run due to the preparation of them and took to much pressure. This time I just relaxed and ran normal, if th presentation went bad, then at least I had my run gotten in.

Have a great end of week! I am in college break till April 3rd.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario