martes, 5 de octubre de 2021

Catching up and Ibercaja 10k 2021

Wednesday 29/09 - After work at 07:00 p.m.  I did an interval workout. The plan was to run controlled and thats what I did. Warmed up 15:30 including 5 x 50m strides and then did 5 x 800s with 400m jog rest in between. 15 mins cool down to home. Splits were 3:40, 3:37, 3:30, 3:24, 3:19. Started controlled and worked in crescendo. Felt pretty good and strong. 

Thursday 30/09 -  After work ran in the blasco park 8 laps, did 48:01. Was tired from intervals the day before so I took it easy. Pace felt faster though.  Got dark very early in the run.

Friday - 01/10 - Up early, went out at 06 a.m. to do a short run. Did a shorter version of the Blasco Maximo Gomez route. Completed 40 mins easy.

Saturday - 02/10 -  This is the run that nobody wants to do, the run before a race. I went out at 8:45 a.m. to the blasco park and did 6 laps in 33:13 and completed 45 mins. In the last 2 laps did 6 strides and the last 2 laps were done in 5:04 and 5:05 ( the lap).

Sunday  - 03/10 -  This was the Ibercaja 10k -  This is the race that I have been training for basically for the last 2 months. I was dissapointed with the result, but its what it is. Did 50:45 and I was shooting for sub 50 mins. I race without a watch, and if I would have worn a watch the result would have been much worse and I would have been frustrated by halfway. After the race I saw that I crossed the halfway in 25:01 and the second half was done in 25:44,but in the 3rd km I knew that I did not have it. My brother ran the race, and he passed me in the first 1.2k, then built a gap of 50m or so for the rest of the race till the 9.1-9.2k, where I finally caught him and gave him encouragment, but I really finished hard, He also finished hard as he finished just only 4 seconds behind. I did not want to sprint with him, thats why I built a gap as soon as I passed him. Overall felt strong and finished feeling pretty good, the thing is that I can talk normally during the race, but the legs wont move any faster, contrary to a lot of people that they are breathing hard like they are dying, but passed me. It was a fun race, the course was ok, although I liked more the 10k sanitas course and the 15k nocturna course. In the first km I had a lot of problems, I had to dodge a lot of people and sometimes had to slow down to a jog, that really affected me, but no excuses. I wanted sub 50 mins and I missed the goal and I really had to finished really hard and that saved me to go over 51 mins. You win or learn. The good news is that I am not so sore and tomorrow ( I write this on Tuesday 05/10) I will do a workout, a bit sore, but feeling ok.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday -  Today I woke up early and was out with my brother to run at 06:00a .m., We did the Maximo Gomez route which I finished the 8.3k in 53:31. I want to get back to my morning runs, it seems that I was running better running in the morning. Also have the evening to do other things. Anyway, the important thing is the end is the consistency. Sooner or later I will be back to sub 50 mins the 10k. I only had 2 months of preparation for this race when I was cured from COVID so I am glad that I can train normally. A lot people could not see the next day.

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario