domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019

Sick week!

This week I only have run today, so bascally 1 week off. This was not because I wanted to, in fact I am very motivated in my training. The reason was that I finally got sick after 1.5 years without experiencing even a flu or cold. I rest on Mondays mostly, but Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday rained the whole day and I got to work with the shoes soaked, so that was basically the reason I think. On Thursday I knew that I was getting the flu, and I dont like to run sick, so this time the rest was going to be on purpose.

I was going to give running a try on Saturday, but I was caughing a lot, so decided to give the body extra rest.

Today I woke at 8:45 a.m, started cleaing the house (this week is my turn), and then at 11:30 a.m. I headed out to the Blasco park to test the body and to see how my body responded. The plan was to run an easy 30 mins. I did 6 laps in the Blasco park and did 33:46. The pace in the first lap was 5:52, but then worked my way down to 5:30s for the second half of the run. A gal  made this run more enjoyable, since I was Racing her at an easy pace, not that I was pushing, but I did not let her to pass me. I could have completed my normal run, but wanted to play it safe and call it a day at 33:46.

So 1 run this week, not Good, but life happens! Hope to bounce back well next week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario