domingo, 1 de diciembre de 2019

Good week of training

Monday -  Planned day off.

Tuesday - Woke up at 5:50 a.m. and was out running at 6:10 a.m. in the Blasco  park. uJst an easy run to start the week. 8 laps easy incorporating 6 strides in the last 2 laps. Felt Good. Did 44:28 for 7.2k.

Wednesday -  I did not wake up early, decided to sleep in since I have been feeling tired and Saturday`s tempo was a disaster in my book. Anyway, it was just an excuse I did in my head at the momento to stay on bed. I was supposed to run easy in the evening afte work, but as the day progresssed I planned a 1 mins fast and 1 mins slow fartlek, I would start with 5 repeats and then evaluate from there if I should run more repeats, the goal for this day was to at least run though. I ran at 7:15 p.m and had a great workout, felt very strong an completed 9 x 1 mins and 1 x 2 mins. That 2 mins fast really hurted and my lungs were burning at the end. I did 3 laps (2.7k ) warm up in 17:08, then started the 20 mins workout, then did 20 mins warm down (3 + laps). I did around 10k for the day. It does not matter that what time you run as long as you get your run in. Anyway, I felt much better in the morning, since in the evening I generally feel very tired. Wednesday was not the case though.

Thursday - Took the day off.

Friday - I ran in the evening after work, and thought that I could get away with it and have a great workout on Saturday ( more on that later). Ran around 8 p.m. in the Blasco park.Kept the effort very easy and did not feel bad. Finished 8 laps (7.2k) in 45:42. First half in 23:12, second in 22:30 or so. Left work later than I had planned.

Saturday - I was up at 7:00 and was out running at around 8:45 a.m. barely the sun raising. In the warm up, I knew that I would struggle again in the tempo, because in the strides pre workout I was feeling tired on the legs. I at least prepared mentally to have a poor workout and to battle through it to make it half decent. I warmed up 15:20 incorporating 5 x 50m strides. Then started my 5k tempo. First 1km was 4:41 and I was working, at that point I just wanted to run sub 24 mins, I kept trying to maintain effort and I did not look at the watch until the end. Pressed the button in the halfway point though. In the  last 2k I was really working, and that point I saw an ocean of runners in line ( it looked like a maratón), they were all runner shaking out for Suday`s Valencia maratón, I had to made a lot of zig zags and combine Grass running and dirt running to pass because the path is very narrow.It costs me a lot of time and I was dead in the last km. I stopped the watch in 23:31 for the 5k. No 200m repeats as there were too many runners in the path and the 200s were not posible. Then I started my cool down to home 15:16. Around 10k total for the day. I thought that I was going slower to be honest, but I am working too hard for that time. On this week, I decided to back off on the potatoe chips and substitute that for bananas. I think that Will work, since I am  feeling better ( hence Wednesday`s workout) and that Will give a lot more benefits than the chips plus way hundred less calories.  Anyways, I am getting the work in though. Did not wear my windbreaker on Wednesday  nor today since the weather was not cold enough to wear it.

Sunday -  I was up at 5:40 a.m. to get my long run in before watching the maratón in the streets of Valencia. Was out at 6:05 a.m. or so and did the same route as last Sunday`s.. From my home to the Turia park, and then to the end of the Turia (had 41:54 at halfway when I turned around) and finished the run in 81:17, so did 2:30 negative Split. Very few runners at that time of the morning runner ( or maybe most of them were goint to run the 10k or maratón). Very happy to have gotten my run in early so I can relax the rest of the day. Took a 2 hour nap. WR in the 10k for Cheptegei in 26:38 and course record in the maratón 2:03:50. And 4 women did 2:18. This maratón is very fast and every year is getting more popular. It was very fun to watch live and encourage runners of all levels.

For me it was a Good week of training, the only complain is Saturday`s tempos are not feeling controlable and easy anymore, maybe Wednesday`s workout are stressing me a lot, maybe it is Friday`s night easy run that is tiring me. I Will run in the morning on Friday or move the run for Thursday. We Will see.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario