sábado, 12 de septiembre de 2020

Catching up

Sunday September 6th  - In the morning at 8 a.m. I did 83:12 for my long run and did 5k at maratón effort, this time I felt pretty Good and the pace felt kind of easy. Ended up doing 25:44 in the fast portion. Splits were: 5:17, 5:07,5:04,5:00, 3:11 the first 600m and 2:02 the last 400s. Felt really strong during the whole run and the weather is behaving better.

6 runs for the week and 3 solid workouts.

Monday - After work did 8 laps without a watch in the Blasco park at an easy pace, felt Good. 7.2k total.

Tuesday - After work did 8 laps watchless again, but from laps 6-8 did 6 strides. Felt Good.

Wednesday - After work headed out to the Turia park to do a solo workout, decided to do 5k of fartlek, 1 min fast and 1 min slow for 5k. So around 13 mins fast in total and 12 mins slow. Did more than 5k because I crossed the 5k in 24:21 feeling Good. First km was in 4:45 and halfway in 12:19, so did negative Split, despite in the second half I was more tired. Felt really strong at the end. 15 mins warm up including 5 x 60m strides and 15 mins cool down. Felt awesome overall. My brother and I had planned since several weeks ago to do a mile time trial on Saturday, my goal was to run sub 6:20, 6:20 would be the slowest range of the goal.

Thursday - After work I did 8 laps again easy to recover from the previous day workout and to get ready for my time trial on Saturday. Felt Good at the end. 

Friday - Planned day off

Saturday -  Today my brother and I as I said were doing a mile time trial, I need more warm up so I warmed up 22:30 including 5 x 60m strides fast. We did this around 7:50 am, but I was up at 6:00. I even wore my short shorts that I only use on races. I went out after it, but the wheels came off and it ended up being a failure. I ended up doing 6:27. My brother did 6:32, but from the get go I went ahead and remained ahead until the end of the time trial. I am very dissapointed with this result given that I am doing 200s in 40-42 seconds, not easy, but I thought that I would run sub 6:10 and if the stars aligned I could run  sub 6 mins. After all I have run 5:29 and I am training very hard these days as well, but I am much slower and today was proof of that. I never looked at the watch, but pressed the Split button on my watch on each 400s. I went out on target pace, but soon after that, the wheels came off and I knew that I had slowed down to around Interval pace, the legs would not give more. All in all, I tried. My brother is ok with his time, but to be honest I am not with mine. Last time I did 6:34, but did not gave my all, this time I ran with much more intention. Anyway, it is what it is, and it seems that I no longer have the speed that I had 10-13 years ago. I have become much stronger runner though, and probably could run much faster in the 5k than in the mile right now. Splits were 1:30, 1:40, 1:39, 1:36 because I ran hard the last 200s whatever my legs could give. Then rested for around 5 mins and then did a cool down of 26:30 to home. As I type this at mid day I dont feel any tiredness or soreness, so I am ok with doing my normal progression that I do on Sundays, but this time I Will run 6k insead of 5k.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario