sábado, 19 de septiembre de 2020

Catching up

Sunday13/09 - 83 mins progressive. Started at 8:50 a.m. to the turia park and was running 6:20s for the first few kms, then my progrression started, and the plan was to do only 5k, but I ended up doing 5.8k at maratón effort. Splits were 3:12 for the first 600, then did 5:15, 5:10, 5:08,5:04, 2:02 (400m), 2:03 (400m), 2:05 (400m). Then ran easy to home and completed 83:01. Ran the first 4+ kms with my brother before taking off with my progression. Felt really Good and the mile TT the day before did not leave me tired at all. Had to run with an old shoes, because the ones that I was wearing when  I was putting them on my feet they broke. So I ran with my old asics that were already a bit broken, but you could run on them. Felt nice as they were my size. The one that I was wearing post quarantine were not my size ( more Little).

Monday 14/09 - Ran watchless after work at an easy pace. The first 6 laps were easy, the last 2 not su much, because I was Racing with another guy, of course at a controlled effort. I am sure he was Racing my as well, because normally he does not run that fast. Its a guy that passed me often and on Monday I said that enough was enough and when he tried to pass him I did not let him. The thing was that I did the lap longer than he did, and every 400m I had to push harder to catch him and he built a gap. Anyway, only it was 1.8k. I started the run on my home. Probably ran 7.5k total for the day.

Tuesday 15/09 - Ran watchless again and did the same route as yesterday after work. From laps 6 to 8 did 6 strides. Felt Good on the strides. 7.5k total again.

Wednesday 16/09 - Today was workout day and I had planned to do in the Turia park 1600m, 1000m, 800m, 2 x 400m and 1 x 200m for a total of 4400m worth of intervals. I did 15:30 warm up incorporating 5 x 50-60m strides at a Good pace. Then I was ready for the workout and I was actually happy with how I feel and with the times. That Mile TT really opened my stride. I started the workout, but we only ran 800m together as he was doing another workout. My splits were 7:00@ 1600m ,800m recovery, then 1 x 1000@4:12, 400m recovery, then did 800@3:22, recovered 400m, then did 2 x 400m in 1:35 and 1:34, then to finish did 1 x 200m in 42. Felt very strong in this sesión and Good. Then did 15 mins to home to cool down. It was hot today as I was soaking wet, not as bad as 1 month ago though. Nice sesión.

Thursday - After work did 8 laps in the Blasco park watchless at an easy pace, just to recover from Wednesday`s sesión. Felt Good.

Friday - Planned day off.

Saturday (Today) -  I was up at 6:20 a.m. after going to bed at almost 1 a.m. my brother had class at 09:00 a.m. so thats why I headed out at 7:10 a.m. when it was still dark, I headed to the turia park with a cool breeze after 10 mins did 5 x 50-60m strides to loosen up, then finished the warm up at 15 mins. My brother was already there waiting, but his warm up last longer as he is doing all the drills, I am skipping drills, just doing strides. The plan today was to do  a 5k tempo run. His plan was to run 23:40, mine was to do 23:50, I dont run these for time, so pretty much run at the effort that I always run that puts me in 23:50s. 2 weeks ago I built a gap before the mile and never looked back, but today we were running head to head, he sometimes went ahead, but I matched his surges, but just before the mile to go mark, He put a surge ( He was running by splits every 400m, so he was looking at the watch every 400m so there were often surges). I only look at the watch in the first km, and as the pace was slow I decided to never look at it until the run is over, that way I am not Racing the watch during the run or frustrated during hte run, just put the right effort and see the time at the end. I was dissapointed in the first km as it was only 4:48, so one has to run faster than that to hit 23:xx. My brother was a couple of seconds ahead in the first km, then in the 1200m mark I put side to side and we were running head to head, then after the mile he surged again, and built a gap that I matched again in the 2.2k. He turned around a step ahead in the first half. Then I run ahead and I thought that I would drop him by that point, of course I am not Racing, but I am working hard, if I sped up more than that I would turn this workout into something else but a tempo run. I think when we had 2 miles I think he looks at the watch again and speed up at that time, I was already tired and I was maitaining an even pace (later found out) and at a Good effort. He built a gap of 10 seconds in the 4k mark and he kept that until the end. He did 23:43 and I did 23:54. So again He kicked my butt, but his breathing does not suggest me that he was all that confortable, anyway! I hope that when he put a number on his chest he could keep that same level of fitness. I felt Good and strong, but as soon as I started I felt somewhat tired, maybe those intervals of wednesday, maybe because the last 2 days I have not slept too much, anyway. Did not do a disaster, so I am satisfied and the splits were almost perfect. Splits were 4:48, then did not look at the watch, 4:47,2:23 500m (halfway in 11:59), 2:23 other 500m, 4:48, 4:42. Then after 400m jog recovery,  did 2 x 200m in 43, 43. Tired legs on these. Then did 15 mins cool down to home. Decent workout and the weather was cool. This cool weather does not help in short workouts or short tempos. I m starting to understand why I am run so bad in the mile TT. I could swear that I felt better in the first km on wednesday at 4:19 a bit hot, than I felt today with the cool breeze at 4:48. Anyway, it is what it is. Around 10 -10.5k total.

Today I bought another pair of running shoes, another asics colt2, that was the more cheap that I could find. I hope that they last. I bougth them 11 1/2 US. This past week I had been running with my old ASICS that were a bit broken. So I am going to use the new ones for the first time tomorrow in my long progressive run.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario