martes, 7 de septiembre de 2021

Catching up

 Wednesday 01/09 - After work headed to the Turia park and did with my brother 5  x 800m with 400m jog rest. He had run in the morning and he was going to do just 1 repeat for fun, but he ended doing all 5. Not only that, He beated me in each repeat. 15 mins warm up inc. 5 x 50m strides, splits for the 800s were 3:32, 3:31, 3:31, 3:28, 3:22. I just did not have it but somehow in the last 2 repeats I could really run decent. Much better paces than previous week. 15 mins cool down to home. Happy with this workout.

Thursday -  After work did 47:16 in the Blasco park. Did 8 laps easy to recover from the workout.

Friday - Ran in the morning at 6:10 a.m. with my brother. Did the Maximo Gomez route. Ran pretty slow, the time was 54:59 for that route which I think is the slowest that I have run. Anyway, was just an easy run. 8.3k total

Saturday -  In the morning at 7:30 a.m. I met my brother in the harbor where we start the tempos. I had warmed up 17:50 including 5 x 50m strides. I should say that this run was a failure, this is the first time that the interal clock is so off and I suprised big time when I saw the watch when I finished. I dont know what happened. I did not look at the watch during the tempo, my brother told me afterwards that I would have run the first km in 5:33, which felt like 5:00. Dont have an explanation for that, I think I just was out mentally, my brother staying behind did not help, He aborted after the firs km, because he was very full. He had eaten a lot the previous day.I did what I could, but I felt strong, I thought that I could get away with 29:xx feeling almost easy. When I saw 31:27 with the first half in 15:50, I said loud, what???? I though that I had run 29:xx, the only positive is that I felt pretty good, but it was very slow and the pace felt much faster. Next time I will look at the watch in the first km to avoid this to happen again. I almost try it again on Sunday, but thought better of it, did my planned long run instead. 16 mins cool down to home. Around 11.5k for the day. My brother ran with me for about 600m in my last mile, then he stopped and went home walking.

In the afternoon I walked more than 15 kms watching the fallas in Valencia and walking in the city with friends. My inner part of the tight were chafing a lot and I was hurting with each step. Burned a lot of calories that day.

Sunday -  was up at 6 a.m. and was out at 07:00 a.m. for my long run, my brother did not run, so I had to do it alone. At first the chafing was bothering me, but then felt fine. I hit the halfway in 43:20, so 2 mins faster than last week and the run was 3:30 faster than last week feeling better. I think that the slow tempo the day before helped to feel fresher today as I averaged sub 6 mins per km at an easy effort. Felt pretty good, but thirsty. Did the route to the Patacona in 1:25:14, so I had to complete the extra mins until reach 90 mins. Sweated a lot. At halfway I was soaked and the sun had not gone out fully yet.

Solid week of training again, 6 runs for the week.

Monday -  Planned rest day and an opportunity to the chaffing to heal a bit. Will have to pour vaseline.

Tuesday (today) I ran after work at 7:10 p.m. and did 8 laps in the blasco park easy, from lap 6 to 8 I did 6 strides, the first one felt like  a truck, but got easier and smoother by the last stride. 45:33. My brother ran there, but we ran togethere when I ran 30 mins, and did 1 lap pretty much together, but then when I started my 2 laps of strides, built a gap. Also I got my 2nd shot of the vacine today. I think I have walked 10 kms today besides the running.

Tomorrow will do a workout in the Turia in the evening. Lets see how it goes. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario