lunes, 13 de septiembre de 2021

Catching up

 Monday 06/09 -  Planned rest

Tuesday  - Afer work did an easy run. Did 45:33 for 8 lps in the blasco park. Included 6 strides from laps 6 to 8. I got the second shot of the vacine that today. Did 7.5k.

Wednesday - After work went to the turia park to do my interval workout of the week. Was not feeling at the top of my game, because of the vacine, but got it in anyway. 15 mins warmup including 5 short strides. Then did 1 x 1600m 800m rest and 6 x 400m with 200m rest. Splits were 7:07, 1:40, 1:37, 1:38, 1:39, 1:40, 1:37. I felt a bit full, because at 17:00 I ate a peanut butter sandwich and a banana. I felt with energy, but the stomach was bothering me a bit. I am not happy with the 400s splits, as in the past cycle I could close in 90 seconds without much problems, but today I just could not.

Thursday -  Ran in the morning and did the Maximo gomez route. Did 51:42 easy to recover, did not feel that tired from the workout. 8.3k total.

Friday -  Ran again in the morning and did the exact same route as the day before, but much slower. Did 53:26. Felt much tired than Thursday. All in all, a good easy run. 8.3k total.

Saturday -  In the morning I headed our alone to the harbor to do my 6k tempo run. The plan was to do 29:xx for 6k no matter what.  I thought that I was going to do it easy, since last week I thought that I would sleep too much and ended up running much slower because I let the pace slip too much without realizing. In the end did not accomplish my goal of sub 30 mins. I ended up doing  30:11 feeling very tired and with positive split. Was very thirsty at the end and the cool down was a struggle because I needed water. Too hot this days eventhough the sun was not shining that hard. I saw the splits at every km. 18:00 easy to warm up and did drills and 2 x 20 seconds strides to start loose, but did not start that loose. In fact, first km was in 4:58 and felt very fast, at tha point I knew that it was not going to be easy. 2nd km came in 9:56 or something like that. 3rd km came in 14:56 and then I turned around, thinking that I could maintain the pace, but then the pace started to get slower, 4th km came in 20:01 and I was tired I knew that the goal sub 30 min was out, unless I would turn that into a race. 5th km came in 25:12, and I just wanted to stop. Then find another gear in the last km and could save something, did the last one in 4:59 to finish in 30:11 huffing and puffing. Very thirsty. Then did 17:05 cool down home tireeeed! I even broke my pant doing the drills, I probably wont do them again, I would run easy and do some strides to warm up, I really dont like doing drills and for the paces I run are not necessary. I dont want to break another pants again. Around 11.5k total. 19 seconds positive split.  I doubt that I can run sub 50 mins in the ibercaja 10k , so i need to readjust my goal even if I dont like it. I race without a watch, so I dont know at what pace I will go out. But my effort level lately does not translate to a sub 50 mins 10k. My brother ran an 8k race at night in 5:07 per km. That was the reason that I had to run alone.  I think we have the same fitness these days.

Sunday - Was out at 7:05 a.m. still dark to do my 90 mins long run. I felt much tired than last week and got to the halfway point in 44:08, 28 seconds slower than last week, then came back in 1:26:06, I ran the second half 2 mins faster again, then kept running until I completed 1:30:41. So I ran 40 seconds slower than last week, but feeling more tired, because the saturday tempo was more intense. I felt strong, but after the 50 mins I start to get very thirsty and after the 70 mins I just want to stop because I am dry and soaked in sweat. Thats the only problem with long runs in the heat. I dont carry water, so after the 60 mins it gets ugly and I have to do a lot of mental tricks to get me to the finish of the run. All in all, I completed the run and I hang in there tough!! Once I drank water felt pretty good.

6 runs for the week again, but I think this consistency cannot outkick the covid that I had 7 weeks ago, and the lack of training because of that after my last race on June 20. I am trying though, and even if I cannot accomplish my goal, I will be back sooner or later. I just got sick in the wrong moment. Very greatful that I can run normally and to be alive. Not so much people have been that lucky!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario