domingo, 23 de enero de 2022

Hybrid Athlete

 I have decided to retire from competitions for a while and just run for the joy of it. I also signed up in a GYM where I plan to go 3-4 times per week, also running 3 to 4 times but just 5k just for the love of running. I realized that I was training hard in running with no progress at all, and that was getting frustrated, especially after you have been running for 19.5 years and you are competing with slow people. So what you put in, is not necessarily what you get out, especially in running that talent is the most important thing in significant improvement.  I love running, but every time I raced I left the race dissapointed. At this point, its better to try something new, Weight lifting is something that I always wanted to try and in fact I have tried before but always end up giving it up, just to get back to running. This time I will do both, but giving the strength training priority. Maybe I can jump a 5k race off just strength training and easy running, maybe I could surprise myself. 


This week I ran yesterday, and today I lifted  at 08 a.m. and when I finished, I got home , changed sneakers and headed for a 5k run in 30:55 , ran 20 mins of those with my brother. I was really tired from the leg workouts and shoulder workouts that I did this morning. 

I felt great after both workout though. Running is just great, when you are not obsessing about performance and about race times. 


I hope that your running is going well!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario