domingo, 24 de noviembre de 2019

Decent week of training

This week did not start very Good as I did not run on Monday and Tuesday. Monday was a planned day off, but Tuesday I intended to run in the early morning, but slept in. Of course felt guilty, the rest of the day.

On Wednesday, I did my planned workout. Got out at 5:50 a.m. to the Turia park, warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides and then did 5 x 800m with 400m jog in between each repeat. It was cold when I went out, but warmed up during the workout. Splits were 3:23,3:21,3:21,3:15,313. The firt one was very cold, but then warmed up and got progressively faster. In the last repeat I felt tired though and was huffing and puffing. I am struggling at the end of workouts as opposed to a couple of months ago, where I basically could run way faster in my last repeat, I dont have that geat. I suspect is because I have gained some weight. I have decided to decrease my potatoe chips consumption, because as I have been running early in the morning, and in the evening when I get home from work I am downing  a 1000+ calories bag of potatoe chips besides my dinner. That needs to end, because I thought that I could get away with it, but  I certainly cant. I have decided to substitute that junk food with bananas ( I seldom eat fruits). My performance has not decreased a lot , but I can note that my times in workouts are not improving.  15 mins easy cool down home. Total 10k or so.  I have found that running early in the monring pumps me in the morning, but when 2-3 p.m. come I am tired and I have experienced headaches on several occasions. However, that is the Price to pay, because I just get too tired from work and I struggled (on Thursday and Friday that I ran in the evening).

Thursday - I am not sleeping well, so I moved the run for the evening. and I ran 8 laps at 7:30 p.m. in the Blasco park, I did not feel bad, but experienced a side stitch and finished in 44:50 for 7.2k ( Had around 4 weeks without running in the evening).It was a hard day of work.

Friday -  I did not feel pretty Good. I again ran in the evening at 8:20 p.m. I left work very late, but since I skiped the first two days of the week, I had to run. I was not motivated and it was pouring a bit of rain when I started, but you have to do what you have to do. I did 8 laps and I incorporated 6 strides from laps 6-8. Felt like crap on those. I only felt Good durin the first 20 mins of the run, after that I felt like I had no energy. Finished in 45:25.

Saturday -  I ran in the morning at 9:30 a.m., and it was my tempo day, I thought that the run 12 hours before would not affect my performance, but I think it did, because I ran terribly and felt very tired at the end. Felt exactly like the first tempo run of the cycle. The Good thing is that I only watched my watch in the first km and then it was by feel. I did a positive Split, but at least I finish my 5k tempo. First km was in 4:35 and I thought that I would maintain that pace until the end like previous week, but I jut got worse and worse, first half was 11:43 (pressed the Split button, but did not look) and finished in 23:41. I was very surprised when I saw that time on my watch at the end, I thought that I had run 22:xx given the effort that I put in. My legs felt tired on the warm up and it certainly did not have any pep on them. After the 5k, I stopped for  a couple of mins and then did 2 x 200s in 43 and 43, but felt way faster.

Warmed up to the Turia park 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides and Cooled down to home 15 mins easy for a total of 10k or so for the day.

Today I ran at 9:30 again, I wanted to run earlier, but I went to the Asian buffet yesterday when I woke up this  morning still felt full, so I took my time before going out. The plan was to do 80 mins of easy running and I did just that. Average pace was around 6 mins per km and I felt pretty Good. The Good weather makes this longer runs more enjoyable and managable. Around 13.4k for the day.

Solid finish to the week, but I am not happy with how my workouts are going. My easy pace has improved, but my workouts are getting worse ironically. I would rather run slower on my easy days and faster on my workout days.

5 runs this week

Have a great finish to the week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario