sábado, 3 de octubre de 2020

Catching up: Solid couple of weeks of training

Yea I have been running, but did not feel like posting much. However, my training is going pretty well. 

Sunday 20/09 -  I went to the turia park with my brother at 08:00 a.m. and did a progression long run. Ran a total of 1:23:30. Incorporating 6k @30:48. Started the first kms of the progression in 5:15, then worked my way down to 5:05-5:07. I think one I did it in 5:00. I felt Good and strong during this run. Solid week of training and 6 runs for the week.

Monday 21/09 - After work at 7:30 p.m. or something like that did 8 laps in the Blasco park watchless as lately just to recover from the prior week. 7.2k totak easy effort.

Tuesday 22/09 -  Basically the same as Monday, but I incorporated 6 strides from laps 6 to 8 and felt Good during those strides. Just another easy watchless day.

Wednesday 23/09 - After work at 7 p.m. I headed with my brother to the Turia park to do our intervals for the week. I warmed up 15:xx  incorporating 5 x 50m strides and then the plan was to do 2 x 1600m with 800m jog rest in between, then 2 x 400m with 200m jog rest, and then 2 x 200m with 200m jog rest in between. Total distance worth of intervals was 4400m or something like that. I felt pretty strong in this workout and the Splits were quiet solid to be honest. 2 x 1600 in 7:01 and 6:47, then 2 x 400m in 1:34 and 1:31, then 2 x 200m in 44 and 41 seconds. I Will take it. Then did 15 mins cool down to home. My brother did another workout, that I dont remember right now as I type this on October 3rd.

Thursday 24/09 - After work did 8 laps watchless easy in the Blasco park. Felt tired, but after a couple of laps felt pretty Good.

Friday 25/09 -  Planned rest day.

Saturday 26/09 - We decided to mix up a bit the tempos and incorporated T pace intervals like in the old times, I think that they Will trmendously in improving, since I was kind of suck in the 23:50s for the 5k tempos. I think that by incorporating more volumen eventhough a bit of rest in between intervals, they Will give the body the stimulus to improve. We headed out very early in the morning at 7:00 a.m. to the Turia park , at that time it was still dark. The plan for the day was to do 4 x 1600m with 1 min rest. I have forgoteen how they were like to do mile repeats at t pace with 1 min rest. The last time that I did that kind of workout was back in 2009, so is time to revisit. I warmed up 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m strides to loosen up the legs. The weather was a bit cold, since it was early in the morning. The first couple of repeats felt unconfortable and were slow, but in the last 2 I felt loose and the burnt feeling in my quads went away. It was a decent workout and basically I averaged a pace faster tan in the normal tempos, but with more total volumen. Splits were 7:40,7:38,7:25,7:19 all with 1 min rest. The last 2 felt way easier tan the first 2. I skipped the 200m repeats today and after the 4 repeats started the cool down. My brother kept his reps in the 7:30s range. So basically we did the first 2 togeteher, but in the last 2 repeats I was all by myself ahead. 15-16 mins cool down to home. Around 11k total I would say.

Sunday 27/09 - Today we went out at 8 something am to the turia park to do our long run. Today we had planned to do one lap in the Cabecera park, that is a park that is located at the end of the turia park that has a bit more than 2k one lap, and there is a race of 3 laps which my brother has raced twice, but I have not raced not even once, in fact, that day it was going to the second time that I run in it, and I wanted to revisit. It has some hills that Will make you stronger and the terrain is not the best to run in, which makes it difficult, its concrete, but its not like running in the road. Anyway, we would run one lap there which we did in 13 mins something, and as soon as we left the park I started my 5k progression at maratón effort. We were Rolling at 6:05-6:10 per km before entering the cabecera park . Splits in my5k faster were 5:08, 5:15, 5:05, 5:07, 5:08. In the first km I decided to back off a bit, since I did not want to run 5:00s because that is not maratón effort, anyway ,I always end up running 25:40s or 25:50s for the 5k and I Will take it. I think that develops my aerobic capacity and teach me to run tired, because I had done a tempo the day before. I have not injured doing that, so I Will continue to do it. Did 1:36 total time for my run and I would say I ran around 17k which is my longest run since 2009. That means that my training is going really well and if things go as well I might consider running the Valencia maratón next year. Finished the run feeling very strong and Good. My brother did 90 mins, but he does not do progressions. The weather was pretty Good,so that helped a ton, did not get as thirsty as 1 month ago.

6 runs for the week and solid week of training.

Monday 28/09 - Watchless run after work  at 7:15 p.m. 8 laps easy peacy. Felt tired, but Good. Its starting to get dark at 7:30 p.m., so half of the run are basically already dark.

Tuesday - 29/09 - After work had to go to the dentist and I ended up running at 8:00 p.m. already dark. The weather was pretty Good. I did 8 laps watchless and from laps 6 to 8 I incorporated 6 strides. Felt Good today. 7.2k total.

Wednesday 30/09 - My brother and I decided to do our Interval sesión n the Blasco park as We did not know what sesión to do, He suggeted a fartllek and thats we ended up doing. I warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides to loosen up, some legs swings and was ready to start the fartled. which was 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins, 4 mins, 4 mins, 3 mins, 2 mins 1 mins, all with equal time of recovery. That workout might look easy on paper, but its very hard . Total time including the recovery was 39 mins something, so this a long workout. In the 4 mins repeats I did the laps in 3:53 and 3:52, which is not bad, but I was already tired. Difficult fartlek and a Good variation of the estándar intervals. We started the workout together, but I treated the recovery more like an easy run pace and thats why after the first repeat was running alone ahead. I basically did the workout alone because my brother was running the recoveries very slow for a fartlek!. Finished very tired, but did 3 laps for cool down in around 18 mins. Total time including everything was 72 mins so everything but easy.The weather was Good and I finished soaking wet nonetheless.

Thursday 01/10 - I did 8 laps easy after work without the watch. Just kept the effort easy and felt tired today, the left tybia bothered me sometimes. 7.2k total watchless.

Friday 02/10 -  Planned day off.

Saturday 03/10 - Today we headed out to the turia park at 09:30 a.m. He did not have clases today, so we started running a bit later today. The plan for today was to do 2 x 3200m with 2 mins rest, so the same volumen as last week, but today it was going to be more difficult, because you have to run more distance continuosly, basically our weakness. If I felt Good I would incorporated 2 x 200m because last week I did not include it and those for me are important. I warmed up 15 mins easy including 5 x 50m strides and some legs swings. The weather was very cool today, so I started somewhat cold eventhough I warmed up properly. We started the workout together, but soon I was running ahead and it was like it for the rest of the workout. My splits were 7:35 and 7:41 to finish in 15:16 the first 3200m repeat. Recovered for 2 mins and started the second one already tired, but the legs felt much looser in the second one as I did not feel the legs burning as I felt in the first couple of repeats of last week and as I felt in the first repeat of today sesión. The recovery helps a ton to clean my legs. Second repeat was 15:05 with splits of 7:33 and 7:31. I really wanted to run sub 15 mins for the second repeat, but that would take my a bigger effort and that was not the purpose of the workout. then recovered for 400m and then did 2 x 200m in 42 seconds both repeats with 200m jog rest in between. It was a decent workout for me, last week was faster, but I think that today`s workout was more difficult. Awnayy, the effort was there and the work was  done. My brother`s splits today were 15:39 and 15:42. He did not do that well today, since  he wsa supposed to run with me and run the times I did. But He agrees with me and said that this workout was difficult. After the 200s felt really strong. I cooled down 16 mins to home. Did around 11+k today. Felt really Good and strong. Hard workout but a great confidence booster.

Tomorrow is the London maratón so we Will have to run our long run earlier than planned to watch it. Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario