sábado, 14 de marzo de 2020

Catching up again

Wednesday March  4th -  I ran after work again did my intervals in the Blasco park. Its not motivating to go to the Turia park  alone at night with all the traffic, but I Will have to go there eventually to do legit measured workouts. I warmed up at 7 p.m. 15 mins in the Blasco park, did some Dynamic stretching  and then did 1 x 2 laps (1800m), then did 2 x 1 lap (900m per lap) and 1 x 2 mins repeats to complete around 4-4.1k worth of fast running, then did 15 mins more to warm down. Around 10k total for the day.

Splits were 7:54 (3:58, 3:56 per lap), I finished that repeat tired, but strong, my I had to turn over the legs fast to maintain pace, the goal for that one was to run sub 8 mins. Then did 2 x 1 lap in 3:49, 3:47, and then 1 x 2 mins fast by effort. I wanted to run faster in the 1 lap repeats, but I was already tired. Satisfied with the workout.

Thursday - After work again, did 8 laps (7.2k) easy peacy, total time was 45:11?,  I dont remember the seconds right now. The effort was easy though, just a recover run.

Friday -  I took the the day off.

Saturday - In the morning around 8:45 a.m. I went out to the Turia park running easy to warm up, warmed up 15:30 or so, including 5 x 50m strides to loosen up, then did some Dynamic stretching and did 5k tempo and 2 x 200m. I again started the tempo slower tan I would have liked, but at the end found my pace. Did 23:40 for the 5k and 42 and 43 seconds for the 2 x 200m, so it was a decent workout. Did a huge negative Split as last week, not as big, but significantly faster. Splits per km were 4:48, 4:51, 2:22 (500m), halfway in 12:03, then 500m back in 2:20, then did 4:40 and 4:36 for the last 2 kms. The wind was not as bad as previous week. Maybe I am getting old and start all my workouts as a turtle. After the 200s, did 15:30 for cool down home. Around 10-10.5k total for the day.

Sunday - I ran with my brother in the afternoon around 4:30 p.m., the plan for me was to do my long run of 90 mins with the last 6k at maratón effort as I am doing lately. He was doing a 10k tempo and his goal time was to run 52 mins or so, so I told him that let me go out 3 mins before him, so that He would catch me with my 6k to go and I could follow him in the last 6k of his tempo run and encourage him. The timing was very Good, but he was running faster than I anticipated, so He passed me just before I had 6k to go. And He made me ran faster than my normal maratón effort, He even surprised himself. I felt more confortable because I was running with someome, I always train a lone, so running with someone makes the run feel way easier, thats maybe why at races I feel "easy" compared to the same pace in training. Anyway I did the 10k in the Turia park in around 54:xx. Splits for the 10k were: 5:56, 5:59, 6:01, 5:51,  my maratón effort segment started, 5:05, 5:08,5:05, 5:01,5:03,5:05. I passed my brother with 2k to go and I was encouraged him, I built a 20-30m gap, but in the end He bridged that gap, I was encouraging him the last 2k and supporting him. I was feeling pretty Good then, wow! I was surprised with how Good I felt. ,He finished the 10k in 51:22, that given his current shape is excellent. He made me run faster than my normal maratón effort. After that we cooled down together, and I did those 3k at around 18:xx something. Around 15.5k in 90:20. Felt strong and Good.

6 runs for the week and 3 solid workouts, I am feeling  in really Good shape.

Monday -  I started experienced some sin splints in my left leg, but I could run no problema, but that was a Little of a concern. I ran after work at 7 p.m. and did 8 laps in 44:25. Way faster than I am running lately, it seems that the run the day before loose my legs. Felt Good albeit a bit tired at the beginning.

Tuesday -  Again, I ran after work at 7:00 p.m. and did 9 laps today, with laps 6-8 running 6 strides to loosen up the legs. Still feeling the sin splints, but once I warm up it went away so its Good. Finished the 8.1k in 50:00, crossing the 8 laps in 44:20. Felt Good. Weather was Good, I had weeks without wearing my windbreaker, because the cold is not so low that I need that, that makes me hot after a couple of laps, I dont know why people still coats, etc when they exercise.

Wednesday -  Again I did not feel like going to the Turia park, so I did my intervals once again in the Blasco park, but this time I decided to do a fartlek workout , 1 min fast and 1 min slow. I did 14 x 1 mins fast , so 27:00 worth of fartlek, warmed up 15 mins to warm up and 3 laps (5:56, 5:41, 5:39) to cool down. The first 3 fast repeats felt unconfortable, but after that felt pretty Good and fast. That short workout was necessary since I think that i am strong, but I am slow, I dont have that explosiveness that I had when I was 20 years old. Overall, a Good light workout. I think that is the first time that I do 14 x 1 mins, last time I did 13 x 1 mins, this time did 1 additional repeat and felt better at the end. Overall pace per lap was 4:29, since I did 6 laps worth of fartlek in 26:56, that is 4:29 per lap, which is 4:59 per km, including the recoveries, so no that bad. Good workout.

Thursday -  I ran after work again and did 8 laps very easy to recover. The sin splints is gone, that workout the day before cleared it. I did 7.2k in 45:35. It felt much faster though, but I felt Good and it was a cool day. I did not wear my windbreaker though.

Friday March 13 - Was my rest day of running. Maybe I Will make Friday my rest days.

Another thing I wanted to comment is about the Corona Virus, each passing day is worse and worse here in Spain, and a lot of people are working from home, Fallas has been suspended, bars and public places are closed. All races are cancelled, even the ones that my brother and I were going to race in this month and in April, so not sure what I am training for right now. Maybe I should take my break now and ramp up my training again when the government allow all the events resume their thing. Heck, I am not sure if I Will be able to run in the next few weeks, so far I ran train normally, but if we adopt what italy has adopted about every person that go out off home has to pay a fee or justify were they going, only going to work, super markets and drug stores are allowd in Italy. I dont want to live like that, but if the cases of corona virus keep increasing here in Spain those policies Will be adopted as well.

Maybe from next week on, I Will work from home, but I am not sure just yet. We Will see what happens in the next few days, I hope all of this improve and the cases decrease.

This afternoon I plan to run my normal tempo run and a couple of 200s just to keep the blood flowing and to keep the fitness going, but since there are not races in the radar at the moment, I Will have to decide if I take my break now or keep training normally. I think the former option is the best one honestly.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario