martes, 3 de marzo de 2020

Catching up

Saturday - In the afternoon, I headed out to the Turia park to do my tempo run around 4:30 p.m. I warmed up 15 mins as usual including 5 strides. To be honest I was not motivated for this workout. Having raced 2 weeks in a row, I got used to run easy on Saturdays morning and race on Sunday morning, but my normal structure is to run hard on both days Saturdays and Sundays.

There was a strong wind and I think that was the reason that the first half of the tempo was slower tan my 15k race pace I ran 2 weeks ago. First km was 4:54, I was very surprised, then the second km was 4:55, I cursed, because I kind of thought that I was running faster in the second km. Then things started to get better, next 500m were in 2:23 to cross the half in 12:13, I would be happy to maintain the same pace through the second half since it seems that I was not having it today, I was not feeling tired though, just the pace was slow. Then as I just turned around, it seems that the wind was on my bacj and I started to run faster and faster, next 500m were in 2:19, 4th came in 4:36 to cross the 4k in 19:10 or something like that and I could muster the last one in 4:32 without pushing a lot and the legs felt fresh, no lactic acid accumulation it was a night, day difference. Finished the 5k in 23:41 with a negative Split of 45 seconds. Second half was in 11:28. The fitness is there, but it seems that the wind affected me. Ironically I felt better in the second half tan the first despite it was way faster. After the 5k tempo I did 2 x 200s in 43 and 41. Then jogged 16 mins to home for my cool down. Around 10k or a bit more for the day. Felt Good.

Sunday -I moved the run to early afternoon, I headed out at 4 p.m. to the Turia park. The plan was to run 90 mins with the  6k at maratón effort, like I have been doing on the last weeks (non Racing weeks). I went out at a Good clip from the beginning and I felt Good. I started to track Split there in the Turia park and they were 6:00,6:02,5:59,6:00, then the 6k at maratón effort started, 5:25, 5:15, 5:09, 5:08,5:02, 5:10. In the prior km before the last, I mustered a 5:02, after that I decided to back off, because I did not want to turn this into a tempo run. Did those 10k in around 55:40s or something like that. Then did 17:50 or 3k home.  Finished in 90:20. Felt Good, but my mouth was dry and thirsty, it was not the same weather was the last times I did it, its getting hotter, but this is a Good preparation for the summer. Those progression long runs transform you in an aerobic machine.

6 runs for the week, a solid week of training.

Monday -  I normally rest on Mondays, in fact I dont remember the last time that I ran on Monday, but I was motivated and did not want to spend my rest day in my cellphone doing nothing, so after work I headed to the Blasco park and the plan was to run 8 easy laps and I thought that I would be very tired, first lap felt tired, but then felt great. Did 44:54 for the 8 laps, which is 7.2k. I ran faster tan I thought given that in the last few months, I am running 45 mins for 8 laps at an easy pace. Good easy run on tired legs.

Tuesday - Today again after work at 7:00 p.m. I headed out to the Blasco park and I did 9 laps in the Blasco park, from laps 6-8, incorporated 6 strides. I have not watched the splits just yet, and it does not matter either. I finished the 9 laps (8.1k) in 50:09, a bit slower tan last week, but I was much more tired. Felt Good at the end though, but a bit tired.

Tomorrow I have planned to do some intervals, maybe I Will do them again in the Blasco park.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario