sábado, 21 de marzo de 2020

Forced break and quarentined

Last week I said that I probably would take my break sooner or later, but that break came right after my tempo run on Saturday.

Past Saturday I went in the evening with my brother at 5:00 p.m. and we did  a 5k tempo run and 2 x 200s, I did not run bad, but not weel either. Finished the 5k in 23:37 with splits of 4:45,4:45, 11:51 halway, 3rd km was 4:42 or something like that, 4th km came in 4:46, and the last one in 4:37. The 2 x 200s were in 43 and 43. My brother an well, he did 24:49 with very even splits. He improved a lot in the last month comparing to where he was 2-3 months ago.

5 runs for the week, and solid week of running up until Saturday

I thought that the week is going to finish on a Good note with my long run as usual. But after my tempo run on Saturday, at night, the safety measures were already told, you cannot go out unless is to work, go to the supermarket, take the dog out, pharmacies, etc. So my break started earlier tan I thought. My intended break was going to conssit of short and easy runs, but no rest days, since that is the only thing that I do to relieve stress. However, authorites told what they gold and all runners are here inside home. In other countrys where the virus is in full mode, people can go out to run alone and with a distance of 1 meter of another person, but here the rules are clear, you cannot do anything outside, expect the things that I told previousky. So I am not running, but only because I am now allowed to do so.

I have my personal opinión about all of this, but after all you have to follow the rules, I only hope that all of this happens quickly and everyone could be back to routine.

I Will have to do something, 1 week has passed and I have not exercised, I Will have to do some strength training. Government told that was going to be 2 weeks of quarentine, but it seems that its going to be more than that.

Stay healthy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario