miércoles, 30 de agosto de 2017

Zapping the zero

Monday was a day off and hopefully my only day off of the week.

The company that I work at is having a 5k race on September 30th, where I registered, so that right away was my motivation to start training hard, since I do have the possibility to run good there, I mean given the competition, not that I am not in good shape whatsoever.

The winner of that Preliminar 5k, will race on another 5k race in Punta Cana. I honestly dont know if I ll be in the country by then, but I registered anyway, and will add quality and run 6 times per week for this month period, to accelerate the fitness process a bit, not much you can do in a month, but I ll try my best, nonetheless.


Yesterday I headed out to the conservatory at 6:50 p.m., at an easy pace, had planned to do 4 strides in the last lap, and I did just that, the time was just slow in my opinion and the heat was terrible, I was soaking in sweat. Time for 6.5k was 41:18.

Today I pretty much headed out at the same time, but I did not do strides today, in fact I felt a bit tired, so I kept things easy, but the heat makes it everything but easy. Ran 4 laps in the conservatory and total time for 6.5k was 41:27.

Tomorrow I want to do some 1 min intervals, but If I am tired I will skip, no need to look for an injury trying to outrun the process of adaptations, but what can I do, I am stubborn!

Have a great humpday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario