jueves, 31 de agosto de 2017

5 x 1 min repeats

Today I headed out after work to do my intervals. I headed out around 6:50 p.m., got there easy, then ran one lap easy, and then started my planned workout which was 5 x 1 min with 1 min easy jogging in between. I started very conservative and increased the effort with each repeat. Legs were heavy by the end.

I am in decent shape aerobically, but my workouts fitness is very bad, ,my legs were dead by 4 th repeat, and it was hard to keep the turnoever going, eventhough the pace was not hard, but at least I did the job done.

It was a good confidence buster given the heat, felt much better than expected and did 7.5k total in around 47:03. My watch marked 47:53, but a girl asked to make her company for about 100+ meters that it was dark so I slowed down almost to a walk to be close. No biggies as it was on my cool down section.

My splits were 8:06 to get to the conservatory , then did 6:59 (slower than expected), then the intervals began and following laps were as follow: 5:14,5:47,6:44,6:34, then back home.

This is the first time that I do 7.5k in around 2 months, and I felt pretty decent, so I ll keep training hard but smart.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario