jueves, 13 de diciembre de 2018

Catching up

On Friday I ran at 7 p.m. with my brother in the park near my home, I did 41:52 total time, the pace was easy , I think I did around 7 laps or so. Weather was a bit cold, but wore my windbreaker.

On Saturday I ran at 7 p.m. again and did an unplanned tempo, I decided that I was going to do a tempo after I started the run, I felt somewhat fresh so after a couple of easy laps in 12:33, I told my brother that I was going to run a bit faster for around 5 laps, I had planned to run at around 5:30 mins per km, or 5 mins or a bit less for each lap of the park. The plan showed better than expected and I averaged 5 mins per km for 25:03, so I did around 5k at my tempo pace, I have not lost a lot of fitness and the pace felt controlled. Splits per lap were 4:38, 9:03 (4:25), 13:32 (4:29), 18:00 (4:28), 22:28 (4:28) for 5 laps and then completed the 25 mins. Then did around 10-11 mins easy running for cool down. Was satisfied with that workout, just to maintain some fitness.

On Sunday before work, I did around at around 7 p.m., 41:10 total time, just easy running to recover from Saturday`s effort. Despite the pace was easy, I did the first lap in 5:52 and progressed to 5:40s range for the rest of the run. I did not wear my windbreaker since the weather was in 20-21 degrees. Felt good and easy.

5 runs for the week, decent week given how physical the work I am in is, so doing what I can

This week I have not run, I was going to rest on MOnday and Tuesday, since I had to work Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night and I was going to start with the running this week on Wednesday, but on Tuesday work was very hard, lots of strength work for hours on end and I was just trashed, I basically slept for the whole Wednesday once I got home. Today I am much more recovered and I am going to do an easy run.

As I said, this month I ll be running easy and not focused much on running which is a shame because I was in great shape, but all in all I am doing a lof of exercise and strength work at work, so burning a lot of calories.

Have a great week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario