domingo, 30 de diciembre de 2018

Time off

From the last Sunday I ran, I did not run till this past Thursday , so I did not run for 18 days, due to work commitments, as I pretty much predicted. As I said before the job is very physically demanding and I have been dropping a lot of weight, so I had to take a break from running, plus I just dedícate the day to sleep, I pretty much have my sleep Schedule screwed up, but I need the money. The contract was supposed to finish on December 28th, but they extended the contract till January 5th, after that I dont know if I ll keep working or not.

I was in very great shape in running, my best shape in years, but I am not a profesional runner, so its only a hobby. Its a huge part of my life though, and I miss the training.

On Thursday, after 18 days off, I did 35 mins with my brother in the park near home at 1 p.m., my brother after the fist lap took off since He was doing a stride workout, I just kept the effort easy, but after the first lap in 6:01, the second in 5:45, I was running from 5:35 - 5:39 for the remaining laps, so that is faster than my normal easy pace. I felt good, but could feel out of shape in the lungs, the pace felt like walking.

Unlike my past breaks from running because of injuries or whatever reason, this time around, I am not worried about my fitness, because given that is a physically demanding job, keeps me in shape and keeps me burning calories like a machine. However, I miss the running and the routine, I cant seem to get into a routine working at nights, I pretty much rest and sleep during the day and on days off, I just want to keep resting. Anyway, I ll make myself run today, another easy run, I cant let all my training go to waste.

Planning 30-35 mins easy today before going to work tonight!

Hope your running is going well! Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario