sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2018

Easy week

This week has been easy running wise, because I have been in a recruiting process of a job, The contract is temporary, but something is something and I Will do save some money. It Will also open the doors to the job market here in Spain, since I dont have job experience here in Spain.

Anyway, probably for the job duration I wont be able to get in a lot of hard runs and not train as disciplined as the last 3-4 months. This is just a hobby and job and make money is a priority for me right now. I ll still run, but the workouts and long runs Will have to take a back seat in the mean time or maybe not! The job is very physical and the shift is at night so that is the reason that I maybe put the hard running in the back burner.

Monday I took the day off, because I went out to eat with my brother and We just ate a lot of chicken, no biggies, just switch the rest day from Tuesday to Monday, so started the running week on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, at 6:00 p.m. I went  to the Turia Park already dark and went to the "Churchill" in 16:30, to be honest I thought tht I was going way faster, but no biggies, it was just a recovery run. I ran 45 mins for the day.

On Wednesday I had planned to do 400s repeats at my normal time in the Turia, but at 1 p.m. I received the call from the company telling my that I was one of the selected people (I was happy!) and have to fill a security course in that evening, I received the course at 4 p.m. or so , started at 5 p.m. because I saw that the duration was 4 hours and I had to go the supermarket, went to the supermarket and then I was all focused on the course, the course took me around 6 hours, but I got it done! As you can imagine, I did not run that day , so no repeats.

I decided to just do this week easy but keep the consistent running going. On Thursday, I was not in the mood to the Turia, so went I went downstairs to head to the Turia, I decided to go to a park nearby my home, so I did not have to walk 25 mins to the Turia and 25 mins back to home, its true that is extra exercise, but sometimes ( and its the beauty of running) you want to start right away and dont waste time commuting to another place to run there. Anyway, each lap has around 900m, but you dont get interrumpted by traffic , the terrain is good, is pretty much dirt and the views are good. After 3 laps you are on autopilot. I just did 8 laps and finished in a time of 46:02. laps at an easy effort took me around 5:40- 5:45 per lap. The weather was very good and I felt fresh and great. Kept the effort easy.

Yesterday (Friday), I got from the training and 3 something pm and ate lunch at almost 4 p.m. I told my brother about the park that I ran on Thursday and He agreed to meet at my home to do laps in the park. I had walked more than 40 mins in the morning to get to the industry, so I thought that I would be trashed in my run.

I just ran with my brother for the first 30 mins (4 laps in the park I think, We were going slower than yesterday since it was his first run back after the Varicela and We kept the effort easy). After He stopped, I took off my watch and gave it to him and said record my time for the next 3 laps since I Will do it faster, tempo run pace or so. I felt pretty good and the weather was great, so wanted to finish faster, thats the thing of running 2 hard workouts per week, that when you dont do them you feel fresh.

The times for the next 3 laps accordint to my brother were in 4:22,4:18,4:03. In the last one I wanted to run sub 4 mins, at the same effort or without going all out, but in the second half of the last lap I really increased effort and in the last 100m I did really kick in (without losing form). Anyway, finished in 43:36, but kept running easy till 46 mins. I dont know the exact pace per km, but all 3 laps were sub 4:50s and the last one I think sub 4:30s. Felt good, and today as I type this I am not sore nor tired. Those workouts put me in very good shape, but as I said earlier, job and making money are priority, in the end , running is just a hobby that you cant just allow to get ahead your head.

This evening I ll run again the park as I am running alone, Will kept the effort easy and Will run 45-50 mins. Tomorrow night I start to work, and tomorrow morning is the Valencia maratón where my brother and I Will be expecting. I ll run in the evening just before work.

I think running is much enjoyable, when you are working and have other priorities, but its also true that when you are working hard, you just want to run easy to destress and dont have the motivation to run hard structured workouts. At least, that has been the case for me, and that is the reason maybe that I have not improved for years in my working years.

Enough rambling!! Have  great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario