domingo, 3 de noviembre de 2019

Early morning hour

Yesterday Iw ent to bed really early for me, around 10:30 p.m. definetely, too early for a Saturday, but I was sleepy and wanted to test if I went to bed early, if I would wake up easier. That was the case, since I woke way earlier than my alarm clock that went off at 6:45 a.m., at that time here is still very dark.

Anyway, when the alarm went off, I got dressed and felt very rested, the only problema was again my stomach, it seems that  I ate a lot of past yesterday. Had some stomach problems during the run, but nothing crazy. The plan today was to do run 60 mins at an easy pace to recover from the tempo that I did yesterday.

I decided to go to the Turia park and when my watch read 30:30, I would turn around and got back home, that was exactly what I did and I finished in 60:02, so my calculation was very spot on.

I checked 3-4 kms there in the turia to have an idea of the pace that I was running, and I was surprised with how fast I was running for an easy run. I was running at 6:00 with a strong headwind, and when I turned around that I had the wind on my watch, it was 5:54, then I decided to go easier, as I wanted to recover well from my workout yesterday, got back to 6:00 per km and stayed at that effort till the end of my run.

I am really liking those morning runs, before you know it, you have completed 10 kms and you have the rest of the day to relax and do other things, that honestly can  be a problema when you dont have plans and have to stay at home the whole day. However, I find that I am much more energized in the morning than in the evenings where I am just tired from work or the motivation is low. Now I have to test these runs when I have a full day of work ahead of me, the last 3 morning runs has been off from work and basically I have relaxed for the rest of the day.

10k or so for the day. Felt really Good and easy. Although I started the week without running, I finished the week with 3 runs that went really well. Today I am much more sore than I expexted for a 5k tempo, but I am really sore, maybe as I said yesterday I lost some fitness in that break. Anyway, got my mojo back and ready to start training hard again for next year.

ah, I forgot to mention, that I am not going to the trip  that I mentioned yesterday, when I was going to buy my ticket, they put in the door that the trip was sold out, I got pissed off, but it is what it is. I Will have to watch the NYC maratón after all.

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario