sábado, 2 de noviembre de 2019

Early morning tempo run

Today I woke up around 6:20 a.m. way before my alarm at 6:40, but did not run until 1 hour later, reason being that I ate 2 kebabs last night and that did not set me weel, so I felt my stomach a Little bit full, so took care of that before going out. I still went out at 7:20 a.m., which is very early for me these days. Streets were for me. I ran easy to warm up to the Turia park and included 5 x 50m strides to get back to routine. I wanted to do a 5k tempo run, but did not care too much about the time, just wanted to get back to the routine of doing workouts.

Felt really Good in the warm up and in the strides. Then I started my tempo and felt great for the first 500m, first 200s were in 54-55 seconds, so I said that I had not lost any fitness in this break, but after the 500m things were not that easy and my legs got progressevely heavier. Luckily, my pace did not slow down much and I even did a negative Split, but I felt very tired, was huffing and puffing and no way that I could have kept that pace for another 5k ( I did the same pace in a 10k 3 weeks ago). Anyway, I hang tough and could complete the intended workout and surpassed my goal for today. Then caught my breath before starting my cool down, which was the same distance and route as the warm up and I even threw a 50m strides to loosen up the legs.

Splits per km were 4:45, 4:46 (9:31), halfway in 11:49.90, 3rd km in 4:37 (14:08), 4rd km 4:47 (18:55), I was very tired at that point, but stayed tough, finished in 23:35 with the last km being in 4:40. Felt satisfied with the workout, but that pace felt way easier during the race than today. Happy to get back to workouts and very happy to have gotten my run in the morning, which is not easy.

Total for the day was around 6 miles -10 kms. Tomorrow I Will have to run even earlier, since I Will go to an excursión  the whole day to meet some Valencia towns, it should be fun. I Will miss watching the NYC maratón, but I Would rather live myself than watch other lives.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario