viernes, 1 de noviembre de 2019

Catching up

I have not been running much, since I decided to do my break and to start training full force next week. Its also lazyness, its true that when you rest a couple of days, the streak just go on. The opposite is also true.

Last week, I only ran Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so rested Monday until Thursday. I have not lost any fitness though.

Friday October 25th did 8 laps in the Blasco park after work, did 44:33.
Saturday October 26th did the same, so 8 laps in the Blasco park in the evening at 7:00 pm. or so did 44:23 or something like that.
Sunday 27th -  That morning was the Valencia half maratón, the one that I wanted to race, but when I signed up on July it was already full, my brother right away, put himself in the waiting list, but I did not do right away, in the end He could run the half maratón and I just put myself too  late in the waiting list and I could not make it. My brother did not run so well, and He has run 3 half marathons in October, I told him that that would affect him negatively. Anyway, the race was won by Kejelcha and it was a 4 sprint to the finish. Good race. In the evening at 7 p.m. I went out to do 8 laps once again, but in the 7th lap had to call it a day because I was having stomach problems. The pace was Good though, did 6.3k in 38:18, including 3 strides in that last lap, wanted to do 1 more lap and 3 more strides, but the stomach got the best of me.

Ran 3 times that week, I dont remember last time that I only ran 3 times.

This week is the same, I rested from Monday until Thursday and today (Friday) is holidays here in Spain so I opted for morning running, I think that I Will have to start running in the morning, since at the end of the day after work, my motivation to run is low, and now more that I leave work already dark, for the hour change past Sunday and also because my brother cannot do workouts on Wednesday,  I Will have to do it alone. This break has given me a lot of lazyness. Next week I have to start training seriously again, since I dont want to lose the fitness that I have gotten this past year.

Today I ran at 08:00 a.m. which is early for me these days, I loved those morning runs in the Dominican Republic, but I can count the few times that I have run in the morning here in Spain, given how I felt today I should give these runs a go.

I ran in the Blasco park today for a change ha, I did 8 laps today, but the first lap was 5:32, I was kind of surprised, because its very rare that my first lap there is so fast, but I went with it while keeping the effort easy. 4 laps came in 21:43 feeling pretty Good and fresh. In the end finished 8 laps in 42:55, last lap in 5:10 and second half in 21:12 or so. Felt like a million of bucks and the weather was very nice. It seems that I have not lost any fitness and these break has helped me.

Tomorrow I ll again run in the morning, I Will try to do a light tempo, something like 5k at 5 mins per km (with warm up and cool down of course), to see how the legs respond . This hopefully Will be in the Turia park. Looking forward to it already.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario