lunes, 11 de noviembre de 2019

Week of morning running

Last week I ran 5 times and every run was in the morning. I want to start running in the morning since I am very unmotivated to run after work with that darkness after work, and my brother is partially retired from running, so its hard to run alone. I decided to give the morning running a go. I had a lot of time without running right before work, but you have to start somewhere.

On last Monday I rested as usual.

On Tuesday I started my morning running quest, I was up at 5:50 a.m.,  I did not wear my windbreaker but it was cold, I did 8 laps in the Blasco park,  a lot of drunk youngster at that time in the park. I had stomach problems, but felt really fresh and finished the 8 laps in 44:19 , both halves were 22:19, 22:00. Felt really Good.

On Wednesday up again at 5:50 a.m. I thought about doing intervals (I would have to get up at 5:30 to ge the intervals in), but decided to start slow with this transition. I incorporated 6 strides in the last 2 laps though. I did 8 laps again , so 7.2k. Me and the drunk youngsters once again. Total time was 43:30 and felt really fresh as well, much better  Both halves were 22:23 and 21:07 or something like that.

Thursday was an off day.

Friday was up again at 5:50 a.m. and out around 6:10 a.m. again my bread and butter 8 laps in the Blasco park, 44:16. Pretty much the same run as Wednesday and the same pace.

Saturday -  Was up at 6:30 a.m. and was out at 7:15 a.m., or so its very dark at that though, I went to the Turia park jogging to do my warm up , did 15 mins warm up with 5 x 50m strides, felt really Good, but I was worried that I would have to abort the workout due to GI problems, because the previous night I was in the all you can eat buffet, but ironically, I did not have any problems and I could complete my 5k tempo without problems. The goal for today was at least to feel better tan last week. I  only looked at the watch in the first km and then did not look again until the end, I pressed the Split button in the halfway though. First km was 4:38, half was 11:46 (did not look until the end though), finished the 5k in 23:23 felt much better than last week and no soreness at all. It was a night day difference and that really increase my confidence, because I thought that I was losing a lot of fitness, but given how I felt on Saturday, I am heading the right direction. Then did again another 15 mins of easy running to cool down. Around 6 miles or 10k. Felt really Good overall.

Sunday -  I was up at 5:50 a.m. because I was going to a trip ( yea, the trip that I could go last week, I could go this week), Had to squeeze a quick 7.2k (8 laps) run in the Blasco park before departing to the trip at 08:00. I felt really Good during the run, but had stomach problems in the last 2-3 laps. Did 44:15 for 8 laps, then kept running until home to complete maybe 46 mins.

I had to wear my windbreaker after Wednesday in all my runs since weather is very cold already (10 degrees Celsius).

I am feeling really good in these runs. Its hard to wake up, but once you warm up you feel really fresh and Good.

On work  I feel sleepy after 2 p.m., but that Will pass I think.

Today I rested again and I Will start my morning journey again tomorrow morning again.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario