sábado, 29 de febrero de 2020

Catching up

Yes I have been running. No rest for the wicked man, lol!

On Monday - I took the day off as usual. No soreness at all, maybe a Little bit, but it was more like a normal workout and nothing compared to the 15k last week.

Tuesday - No soreness, but a lot of tightness, nonetheless a Good run. Did 9 laps in the Blasco park and from laps 6-8 I did 6 strides, felt really Good that day. Ran 49:30 total time. Laps from 6 to 8 were in 9:48, so a bit fast, maybe I over did it in the strides. Then the last lap did 5:26. 8 laps came in 44:03. Felt really strong at the end. I did this run after work at 7 something p.m.

Wednesday - I was not sure if doing a legit workout after running a race on Sunday, I always do a fartlek type of workout after a race, but this time around as I said there was not soreness at all and I felt Good to go. However, I did intervals in the Blasco park, the plan was to run 4 x 1 lap (900m) and then do another of repeat of 2 mins. The splits were not bad, but I was not having it, heavy legs and the hamstrings very tight, especially the left one where it started to bother me during the 5k race on Sunday. I hope that is muscular and not a pulled muscle. My legs felt really heavy and the breathing was harder tan I would want, maybe I was a bit tired from the race. Splits were 3:50,3:55,3:49,3:47 and hammered the 2 mins repeats. In the second repeat I decided to ease up a bit as I was not feeling well in the first one for the reasons above. Anyway, completed the workout and the stimulus was there. 15 mins warm up and 15 mins cool down. Total time was 61:Xx  mins. So I think it was around 10k. This workout was done at 7:00 p.m.

Thursday - After work again at 7:15 p.m. I headed out to the Blasco park and did 8 easy laps there, total time was 45:11, 22:21 second half. Felt Good, but sluggish and tight. Can feel the hamstring very tight. Anyway, another run in the books.

Friday - After work again, headed out again to the Blasco park, but only did 6 laps as my usual Friday`s . Did 34:06 for 5.4k. Felt sluggish in the first lap, but then felt better, however, the hamstrings still very tight.

Saturday( today), I am going to head out to the Turia park this afternoon to do my tempo run, not sure how long it Will be, depending on the hamstring and how Good I feel, maybe I Will do 5k tempo at whatever pace my body respond today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario