domingo, 26 de julio de 2020

Another 2 weeks catch up

Its getting harder and harder to post on a daily basis. Just working a lot and I get lazy at nights to turn the computer on at nights.

Anyway, is much harder to post after 2 weeks when you have forgotten the details of the runs. No more complaints!!

Sunday July 12th - Ran at 7 p.m. . First 50 mins were in the Turia park and the progression part of my long run was done in the Blasco park, did 6 laps in the Blasco park (5.4k) at maratón effort. Splits for the fast portions were: 4:46,4:41,4:42,4:40,4:41,4:19. Very pleased with those splits and how I felt during that run. Finihed the run in 80 mins with the last 28 mins something at maratón effort.


Monday July 13 - After work did 8 laps in the Blasco park in 43:25 or something like that. Included 6 strides from laps 6 to 8. Felt Good at the end. As always feel very tired at the beginning.

Tuesday July 14 -  Could run because it started raining at the time that we were running, when I left work at 8 p.m. it was raining hard. So I had to skip the run that day.

Wednesday July 15  - Almost skip the run, left work late and was very hungry. Ate inmediately before the run, something that I have never done before, but it worked out very well. A slice of bread with peanut butter and that gave me energy and I felt really Good during the run. Did 8 laps in the Blasco park in 43:32. Glad that I ran.

Thursday -  Our work sector had a holiday that day, so I was off from work, I ran at around 11:00 with a lot of heat and sun. Did the route that my brother do on a regular basis that is close to his house. That route took me 52:50s. Felt pretty Good, but the run was very easy.

Friday - I left work later than planned. I normally am resting on Fridays so I took the day off.

Saturday  - Ran in the morning at 09.00 a.m. my brother convinced me to do tempo intervals with him, I agreed, but was going to do it at his pace. The workout was 1 x 3k and 1  x 2k with 2 mins recovery. I took 3 mins. Did 16 mins warm up, did drills and 3 x 100m strides. I ended doing the workout alone, because the pace that my brother was running at was slow for my taste that day. I did the 3k in 14:41 (4:59,4:57,4:45) was not that easy, the heat was strong. Took 2.53  off  to wait for my brother and to start the last Interval with him. I finished the 2k in 9:27 (4:45, 4:42). To be honest I hoped for a faster workout, but what you can do. thats what I had on the day. Did 16 more mins to cool down.

Sunday 19th - Again ran at 9:00 a.m. with the sun shining hard , today was my long run day with the last 5k at maratón effort. Did 31:30 before joining my brother and a friend for their 45 mins run at sub 6 mins per km pace. So the first few kms ( after the 31 mins for me) were in 5:55,5:58,5:52, then it was time to start the fast part. At the very beginning felt pretty Good, but suddenly did not feel that great, but did what I had to do regardless. Last 5k were in 5:16,5:18,5:18,5:12,5:14. Then ran 4 more mins after the progression to finish the 80 mins. I was soaked and very thirsty at the end. Also I did that progression tired from the tempo workout the day before.

Solid week of training, eventhough I ran 5 times for the week.

Monday July 20th -  I took the day off, no excuse to be honest.

Tuesday - July 21th  - Did 8 laps in the Blasco park after work, and did 6 strides from lap 6 to 8. Total time for the 8 laps were in 43:18. Second half in 20:35. Felt pretty Good eventhough it was very hot.

Wednesday July 22th - That day after work I was very hungry, but I wanted to do 400m intervals that day,  I ended up eating right before the warm up again, one slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, again that did not cause me any problems and probably gave me energy because I felt pretty Good and the workout turned out much better than expexted. Warm up around 16 mins, then did drills and then did 2 x 100m strides and I was ready to go. The plan was to do 8 x 400s with 200s jog rest and thats what I did, I had no idea what time I could run on those, but ran better than expected. The splits were: 1:37,1:36,1:39,1:34, 1:36,1:32,1:38,1:30. I wanted to run faster in the last one, but overall a Good workout and I am very satisfied. Cooled down for 16 more mins.

Thursday - Another unplanned rest day. Eating like a pig lately with my brother, but on Monday that Will end and I Will get back to my healthy eating habits.

Friday - Ran early in the morning before work for the first time in the year. I have been skipping runs lately after work and I am leaving work latter than planned, so to avoid that stuff I decided to run early and get it out of the way early. I started from my home at 6:03 am with already the temps in the 30s Celsius I think, it was hot. Did again the route that my brother does near his home. I ran with him, and we talked about the day ahead. I am glad I ran that early on Friday, because it was a very stressful day at work and I ended up eating lunch almost at 4 p.m., first time that I ate that late in that work.Anyway, when I left work at 7 p..m. I felt Good because the run was already done.Did 53:54 total time at a very easy pace.

Saturday - Yesterday ran at 9 pa.m. with the sun shining very hard already, the plan was to do 60 mins easy, I ended up running 63:25. I stopped several times though, because I had to stop for my brother to finish his intervals there in the Turia park. no problem, it was an easy day.

TodayI ran again at 9 a.m., but today I realized that that time is already too hot to run, I finished today very tired and very thirsty and I am not glad with the progression today, my last workout was on Wednesday, so I had to be fresh today to run sub some 5 mins per km. However, thing did not click even on the easy part, as my fastest km in the easy part was 6:08. I started from home, then ran to the turia park, then did 5k at maratón effort, hoping to run 25 mins low maybe, but I ended running the same as last week having run a workout the day before. Great!! splits were Ran 3:13 in the first 600, then tracked 4k in 5:22, I felt very dissapointed with that Split, my legs felt heavy , 5:15,5:12,5:09, then ran 400m to complete the km with the 600m that I did at the beginning, these 400s were in 2:03, so 5:16 if we sum the 2 parts. Around 26:20 for those 5k. Not happy about that, but glad I got it done regarless, then ran 3 mins easy before getting out the turia park with my brother and getting home to complete 82 mins of running. Very thirsty and tired today. soaking wet at the end. Told my brother that we have to run earlier to avoid this heat and sun, since we are not carrying wáter for our runs.

Another Good week of training eventhough again I ran 5 times for the week. wow thhis catching up took me around 45 mins, so its better to post day by day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario