miércoles, 29 de julio de 2020

Sauna intervals after work: Did not have it today

Today after a long day at work. I headed out to the Turia park at around 7:40 p.m. with the heat very high and the sun shining hard. I warmed up 15:30 to the Turia park, with this heat you dont need too much of a warm up, because you already are warmed up standing still. The humidity is just awful. I came from the Dominican Republic so there should not be any problems with these temps, but boy, I was saoking wet when I finished the intervals and it seemed that I got out off a pool. I was very thirsty, so on the cool down I was just wanting to get home and drink 1000 glasses of wáter.

Ok, no more complaints. But to be honest I dont remember a workout that I did that bad time wise. Faster tan my current 5k pace though. Ok, the plan for today was to do 4 x 1000m with around 500m recovery ( Took 3:30 to 3:45 between repeats). I thought that I was going to be around 4:15 average, but I was dead wrong! I felt Good on the first one in 4:23, but when I finished the second one in 4:20, I knew that it was going to be a struggle, I was sweating buckets and I did not feel pretty Good, but I toughed it out and finished the last 2 in 4:27,4:27. Legs did not have it despite my breathing being not so bad. When I walked to work this morning, felt flat. However in the walk back home did not feel that bad.

When I finished my 15 mins warm up of easy running, drills and 2 x 100m strides I was feeling Good, but felt a bit thirsty. After the first repeat as I said felt pretty Good, but at the end of the second felt like crap and just wanted to finish somehow. In the last repeat I did not look at the watch during the repeat and tried to move my legs as fast as I wanted, was negatively surprised when I saw 4:27. Then walked for 2-3 mins huffing and puffing and then started my 15:20 cool down home dissapointed and soaking wet to the bones. Some days you crush workouts, but some days you struggle, but the Good thing is that you tough it out and get the thing done.Of course, sometimes its better to call it a day, instead of digging a hole of fatigue. Today was not that day, since I was very tired, but I could finish relatevely strong despite feeling bad.

The Good news is that I think I cannot run worse tan this in this workout, but to be honest I ran faster than my current 5k race pace, so not that bad, but comparing to past workouts the times were bad. Oh well!! It is what it is!! Tomorrow is another day!

Around 6 miles total today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario