domingo, 12 de julio de 2020

2 weeks catch up

Yes I have been running and also working a lot.

Monday June 29th - After work 8 laps in the Blasco park (7.2k) easy with 6 strides from laps 6 to 8. Did 43:39 if I recall correctly.

Tuesday June 30th  - After work 8 laps again in 44:16 I think or something like that. The thing is that it was easy.

Wednesday July 1st  - A coworker was gone for vacation so for the next couple of weeks the work is a lot. I was not sure if I was going to do a workout that day, but I decided to give it a go in the warm up. Warmed up for 12 mins (2 laps in the Blasco park), I wanted to do some fartlek in the Blasco park, After the jogging, did some drills, then did 3 x 80m strides, giving it a try to a new warm up routine (including drills). I felt pretty Good to be honest, so I might continue to do that routine in the future, the routine is from the welsh runner on YouTube, very clear explanation on how to warm up. In the end did 3 x 1 lap in the Blasco park and 1 x 1 min. With less tan 2 mins recovery, the short recovery was improvised. Splits were 3:51,3:50,3:51 so very even. Finished very tired and the next several days my legs seemed like jelly, so maybe I over did that workout.

Thursday July 2nd - After work did 8 laps in the Blasco park, very very tired, dont remember the last itme that I felt that tired. I could barely do 46:59 for 8 laps and consider it a success given how bad I felt.

Friday -  rest

Saturday July 4th - I ran in the morning at 7:xx a.m. I still felt tired so I decided to do 60 mins easy to the Turia park. Felt really tired in the first half of the run, but felt pretty Good in the second part.

Sunday July5th - Again ran in the morning around 8 a.m. to the Turia park, this time I did 80 mins with the last 5k maratón effort, I was running 6:06-6:08 in the easy kms, then in the last 5k did around 26:18, (5:18,5:15,5:13,5:09, a part of the first km and part of the last km, that together made a km, did not know the time, but it was something around like the Split). Felt very solid in this run. I am starting to like the long runs, maybe I am getting too old.

Monday July 6th  -After work I did 8 laps in the BLasco park including 6 strides from laps 6 to 8. Did 43:47 for 8 laps.

Tuesday July 7th - Did 44:26 for 8 laps after work. Felt ok.

Wednesday July 8th - Around 8 p.m. after work I headed out to the Turia park, I was not so sure to do this workout since I felt very stressed from work, but again I decided to give it a go. Did 5k tempo and 2 x 200m in the Turia park, I did not do bad given that I worked 12 hours that day. I did the warmm up routine that I am trying for the second time. Warmed up 14mins, then did drills, then did 3 x 80m strides. Then my tempo started and I was on pace to do 23:xx in the first half, but then got slower and finished the run in 24:08 (4:41, 4:47, 2:27 I think, 11:55 first half, 2:28, 4:56, then closed 4:47 the last km). Then did 2 x 200s in 42,44. Was happy to have improved 19 seconds from my last tempo, and I felt pretty Good cardiovasuclary, but my legs got heavier in the second half. I am knocking the door of 23:xx again, which was my normal time pre quarantine. In the 200s felt ok, but need to work more on those. I think that those drills really help with the pace feeling a lot easier and the breathing feeling pretty under control. Cooled down for 16 mins or so. Did around 10k for the day, maybe a bit more.

Thursday July09th, Ran after work 8 laps, and felt tired but Good. Did 45:25 for 8 laps negative Split by more than 30 seconds.

Friday -  Rest. I rest on Fridays, but I left work at 8 p.m. these days has been hard to keep my training and work 12 hours. My coworker that is on vacation comes back on Friday so by next Friday thing Will get back to normal for a bit. Anyway, no complaintss.

Saturday - Ran in the morning at 8 a.m. to the Turia park and did  60 mins easy. Felt really tired in the first half, but in the way back felt pretty Good and started to do kms in 6:00. Finished really strong.

I Will run in the evening today, I did not want to, but all these days I have been sleeping around 6 hours, so I decided to sleep in a bit today and that worked, because I slept 3 extra hours than planned. For today I have planned to do 80 mins again with the last 5k progression. Lets see how it goes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario