lunes, 30 de agosto de 2021

Another good week of training

 Monday -  Planned day off

Tuesday -  After work, did 8 laps in the blasco park and 6 strides in the last 2 laps, did 45:46. Felt good, but a bit tired.

Wednesday -  After work headed to the Turia park to do 4 x 1000m with 400m jog rest. This is my first workout in the Turia park in the evening since last year. I had forgotten, how much people run at that time, Its good to see people, but when you are doing a workout is not that funny that you have to dodge people literally every 20m. The splits were slow, but the effort was there, in fact, that left me very tired for the rest of the week. Warmed up 15:10 to the Turia including 5 x 50m striders. Splits were: 4:32,4:31, 4:30, 4:27. My legs were fried afterward and sweated like a pig. 15 mins cool down to home.That was my 5k pace 3 months ago, but on cooler temps.

Thursday and Friday were easy runs after work doing 8 laps. Felt tired on both days, but much more tired on Friday than on Thursday. Times were 47:11 and 47:28 respectvely.

Saturday  -  I forced myself to wake up early and headed out to the Turia at 7:20 a.m.alone to do my tempo work, my brother was out of town. When I finished the warm up I was already sweating a lot. 15 mins warm up including 5 x 50m strides. Then did 5k tempo, but was very tired within the first km, did not look at the watch during, but pressed the split button at the half. I almost dropped out with a mile to go, but stayed strong. Finished in 24:45. I wanted to do some 200s afterwards, but given that I finished that tired, I just skipped them and headed out home for the cool down. Halfway was 12:17, did 10 seconds positive split, but did not have it since the first 500m. Those 1000m repeats really took out a lof from me, but I will adapt. 15 mins cool down afterwards, swating like a pig, eventhough the sun was not shining hard yet, but the humidity is aweful.

Sunday - Woke up even earlier and was out the doot at 6:58 a.m., to beat the sun, but not the heat. Ran until the patacona at the end in the harbor in 45:51, then turned back and came back in 1:28:43,then completed the rest to do 90 mins. I thought that I was going to finish much tired, but I was very prepared mentally, sweated a lot and the sun did not hit me hard because I was out early. Finished very thirsty nonetheless. Felt strong overall.

Nice week of training, 6 days and I am feeling better each week. Long ways to go to be where I want to be at.  One step at a time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario