lunes, 23 de agosto de 2021

Good week of training

 Mondaiy - off 

Tuesday -  After work ran easy alone in the blasco park. Did 8 laps and in the last 2 laps did 6 controlled strides. I think the time was 46:33 or something like that. Felt good

Wednesday - I ran again after work, got out with my home mate, but he was full and he pretty much aborted in the first 15 mins of the run. I did want to do a light  fartlek workout, so I warmed up 15 mins easy including 5 x 50m strides to loosen up. This was done in the blasco park. Then did 7 x 1 min fast and 1 min off, then did a 17 mins cool down. I felt pretty good in the workout, I thought that it would be a struggle, but I felt pretty good. although very thirsty at the end. Around 50 mins for the day.

Thursday - After work again easy in the blaco park, did 8 laps in 46:55. Very easy, felt good.

Friday -  After work, did the exact 8 laps in the blasco park at almost the exact time. Did 46:54

Saturday in the morning -  I headed out around 7:30 a.m. to the Turia park to do a 5k tempo run with my brother. The goal was simple to feel good running at 5 mins or a bit faster / km pace. The first tempo back its always slow and painful, but I felt pretty good and strong on this one, but the pace was slow. Did not look at the watch, just at the half way because I accidentally stopped the watch instead of hitting split button. Did 19 seconds negative split and finish the 5k in 24:59. My brother did 23:57, but in the second half he did a fartlek, he is in great shape eventhough he is not training that much. Its a shame that in races he cannot perform. Did 15:30 warm up including 3 x 50m strides and 1 x 100m strides. After the tempo did 15-16 mins easy to home.

Sunday -  In the morning, I headed out to the harbor at 7:05 a.m. and the plan was to do 75 mins. I started very slow, but in the second half did it in 3:30 faster than the first half. I only ran 30 mins with my brother because he had to turn around sooner, I told him that I would turn around when my watch read 38:30, not sooner. Felt pretty good in this long run and strong, despite having drunk 5 beers the night before. The weather was hot, but in the harbor it was pleasantly good, the sun had not gone out entirely yet, so I took advantage of it. 75 mins total, maybe 12k.

Pretty good week of training 2 workouts and feeling much better than last week. Doing what I can with the time given, only about 6 weeks for the Ibercaja 10k. The goal would be to run sub 50 mins, we will how the trainig goes until then.

Today is a planned day off and tomorrow I will get back at it, hopefully feel better than this week and the workouts are faster. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario