lunes, 16 de agosto de 2021

Catching up

 Another run of 6 weeks. For me is good given the work load that I am having in the last few weeks. I supposed to start workout this week, but the heat is treating us bad and the first 3 weeks of the week were not that easy for me. I started running with a new homemate, and the kid runs fast. We just run 5 mins per lap which is much faster than I am used to go on my easy runs. I had tired legs on those 3 days.

Monday -  off

Tuesday - 8 laps in the blasco park after work starting from home. Time was 41:33, it was not easy for sure. home mate did 31 mins at a faster pace and he runs with a mask on. The kid got talent.

Wedneday -  Same route as the day before in 41:38, but feeling much better than the day before. The kid again defeated me by 40+ seconds.

Thursday - Again the same route as the day before in 42:24, I just took it more easy, because I had feeling tired. My home mate did 26 mins as he was tired. I tried to make some moves during the run, but he would match those moves easily and even built a gap. These days the heat has been strong, but you got to do what you got to do.

Friday - Again after work, this time alone, I ran at my normal easy pace, but I was feeling very very tired from the get go. I only felt good in the last 2 laps or so of the run. Did 8 laps in 46:37.

Saturday -  Another evening run, but this time at 6 p.m. and drank 3 beers in the morning. Despite the strong heat I felt good and felt fresh, even incoporated 6 controlled strides in the last 2 laps. Did 45:07 for the 8 laps feeling pretty good. Did this one alone.

Sunday -  I did not want to run in the evening, its hard to run in the evening on weekends, so I beated the bed and was up at 6:30 a.m., but was out at 08:10 a.m. waiting for my brother. At that time the heat is already high. The plan for the day before was to do a tempo run in the harbor, but I just was flat and tired, so I decided to do 60 mins easy instead. I did this one with my brother, but he did around 50 mins. I did 60:25 sweating like a pig and the sun was hitting hard in the harbor. I felt happy because I had more than 6 weeks that I did not run for 60 mins so thats progress. Was very thirsty at the end though.

6 runs for the week, so I am liking the consistency, but I am very tired and the legs are trashed, I hope to adapt quickly.

Today was a planned off day and tomorrow I am back on the road.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario