domingo, 7 de mayo de 2017

Caping the week on not a very good note

I took the day off on Wednesday to rest.

On Thursday I wanted to do a progression run, because I wanted to rest on Friday as well, as that day I got back to work, I got to the conservatory in 7:32, but was really tired and had to slow down to my easy pace and kept that way till the finish of the run, I finished the 7.5k in 47:39. I felt really tired, and I cant trick my body. Maybe years before I could that where I could do 2 workouts on consecutive days, but right now its impossible for me as I can see.

Friday was off.

Saturday was out with my father at 7:15 a.m. to run with a lot of heat, I felt like crap from the get go, tried to accelerate with each passing lap, but without looking at my watch, the run was a struggle, the heat got the best of both of us. I finished in 47:08 for 7.5k. My father finished in 49:16. We complained a lot about the heat, but as long as the heat affected me, I felt flat from the get go.

Sunday (today)  - I slept in, got to bed a bit late watching the boxing fight, but I am sleeping more than necessary, after I came back from Samana, I put the run for the evening, but when it was time to run at 5:50 p.m. I felt somewhat full from lunch, I had eaten lunch at 12:20 p.m. so no reason to feel stuffed and bloated.

I headed out to do my normal run anyway, after I got up the UTESA hill, I was huffing and puffing as if I were sprinting, and right away I knew that the run was going to be a struggle once more. luckily, the legs felt good, but the problem was my stomach, I decided to run 2 laps in the conservatory and stop there, called it a day at 3.2k in 22:20s or so, very very slow. The splits for the 2 laps were 7:02 and 6:49.

I am feeling really bad in my running lately, I should feel fresh from the workouts, because are not that hard, but instead I am feeling like shit and heavy on my easy runs, I have came to the conclusion, that I am increasing my weight again ( according to the way I feel and look in the mirror), my times are very slow and I need to dial it back again, I had enough.

I am drinking a lot of coke and I need to put it a stop to that, my nutrition is not that nad, but that little coke addiction is killing me softly. I am really mad, because as long as I want to get back to my old PR`s I need to stop that shit out, if I want to be the best that I can be. When I stopped today after my mediocre run, I even considered giving up the sport and get in weight lifting.

However, I know that I need a lot of corrections to do in regards to my eating and coke drinking and to stop this weight increase that is affecting my workouts, I was running 2 mins faster on my easy days in my 7.5k runs, now I cant even run sub 46 mins. Likewise, in my tempos I was running 4:50s and the last km in 4:40s, right now, maintaining 5:10s is a fucking struggle.

5 runs this week, with the last run being a total disaster.

Sorry for the negativity, but I am somewhat mad today with myself, I am not taking this thing enough seriously, I will drink coke only on weekends starting tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario