lunes, 1 de mayo de 2017

Las Terrenas

On Friday I was going to do a workout, but I was not able to run even, it started raining hard at 3 p.m. and never stopped, I got really mad for that, because I knew that on Saturday I would not be able to run unless I wake up at 4:30 a.m. before the travel, it just did not happen. I sometimes suffer headaches due to early risings and as We were traveling to have fun, did not want to last the whole day with a headache.

On Saturday, We took the bus at 7:00 a.m. to Las Terrenas to spend a couple of days there, from Saturday and coming back on Monday. As We went to the beaches for the whole Saturday, running in the evening was very hard to do.

I accepted the fact that I was going to run only 4 times this week, but it could have been worse.

On Saturday I went to bed at 2:20 a.m. and Woke up at 5:15 a.m. tried to get back to sleep, but my fathers snoring would not let me, so I got up, and started my run at 5:53 a.m. it was pouring  a light rain, but I had lost 2 days already, so no more missed days.

I just went out to explore the place, and did 45:42 total, I did 18 mins out, back in 17:38 (35:38), then did 10 more mins the other direction to complete the 45:42. Felt really good eventhough I downed 3 medium beers the night before. I only slept 2.5 hours the night before. After the run, did 7 x 80m strides or so, wanted to do 10, but the right glute was cramping, so I decided to call it day.

On Sunday I went to bed at 12:00 a.m. I was jut tired and got up  at 7:00 a.m. to run, this time father ask me to wake him up, so that He could join me on the run, the before I just kind wanted to run alone, I experienced something bigger than a casuality, but that is a running blog, right?:)

Back to the run, I did the exact route as yesterday, of course I ran by time, but the distances were pretty similar to yesterday, However, today I felt much more tired than yesterday, I felt sore, and defintely had a low point during the run where I was feeling low in energy, felt better and could continue my run, this run was shirtless and was soaking wet in sweat. Today was very hot, as opposed to yesterday. The run duration today was 45:53, pretty much the same distance. My father was a bit back.

So good runs with a very flat terrain, no hills to speak of, a good weekend in the beach. I have to get back to it, it serves as a way to disconnect from the monotony that most of us live on a day to day basis.

I might upload a couples of photos from the beaches!

Hope you had a great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario