martes, 2 de mayo de 2017

Evening " light" workout

Today I almost take the day off. But suddenly, at 6:30 p.m., I was not doing anything at home, and really did not see a reason to take the day off, since I rested 3 days las week ( it was unplanned though).

I planned the workout that I have set up for past Friday, so warmed up to the conservatory, then did 1 lap easy, and within that lap easy, I did 3 strides to warm up the legs and the turnoever, and then workout started, the plan was to do 2k @ 10:30-10:40 and then recover 2-3 mins easy, and then do 5 x 1 min repeats at a fast pace, with 1 min rest in between, then cool down to home.

I did the 2k @ 10:20 (5:11,5:09), then jogged for 3 mins, and then started 5 x 1 min fast with 1 min easy in between, I felt tired during those repeats  and the pace was not as fast as I wanted, but the effort was certainly there, I really wanted to get done with this workout, the 5 th repeat finished exactly in the end of the 5th, lap so cooled down easy to home to complete 7.5k in 45:48.

I thought that the overall time was going to be a lot faster, but it seems that I did not run that fast during the ON periods of the 1 min repeats. All in all, the effort was there.

A bit frustrated with the way I am feeling, but at least I am getting my runs in, and getting in a couple of workouts per week, probably the only additional workout that I ll do this week is a 11-12k run easy paced on the weekend.

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario