lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2018

Solid week of training, Weight and Diet

On Saturday I ran at 4:50 p.m. and I had planned a 5k tempo, trying to run faster than the 24:56 that I ran 2 months ago or so, but at an easier effort, but really wanted to get sub 25 mins for 5k.

So I warmed up 15 mins, and included 4 x 50m strides after the 10 mins to loosen up the legs. Then I was ready to go, right off the bat I wanted to run sub 5 mins per km, so the first 200s were run in 57 seconds, right where I wanted to be.

Tried to kept the same effort , 1st km came in 4:49, which is 24:05, I thought that I should stay at that pace and then at the end speed up to run sub 24 mins, but the initial plan was to run sub 25 mins, and this was a tempo run, not a time trial. I think it it felt more like a time trial than a tempo run but, oh well!!

I crossed the 1600m in 7:44 and 2k in 9:40 (4:51), I thought that I would have slowed down, I did , but only 2 seconds, then kept the effort and pace and hit the halfway point in 12:02.16, then I turned around, and the plan there changed I wanted to try to run sub 24 mins, crossed the 3k in 14:27 (4:47), if I kept running like it I would get it, but the 4th km was tough, I tried to maintain my effort, but I crossed the 4k in 19:23 (4:56, too slow), and I was tired already, I could have run a race effort and run sub 24 mins, but that was not the goal, because if the goal would have been a time trial I would have gone out way faster, anyway, I tried to kept my effort and pace and remember the last Interval of my intervals and that really gave me confidence. I was huffing and puffing  in the last 200m, but I tried to increase pace a Little bit without sprinting nor losing my form, I finished the 5k in 24:04.34, almost identical as the first half. Last km was in 4:41.

I am happy with the result, but I would have liked to run sub 24 mins. However, this is my fastest time in training since 2014 almost 5 years. I am really happy with the way I am feeling and the direction my running is taking. I am improving nicely and feeling stronger every week. I am hitting times that I had not done in years!

Cool down for 12:30 till the wáter fountain, around 9k+ for the day.

Yesterday ( Sunday) I thought that I would wake up very sore from Saturday`s effort, but I did not, I woke up just How I do normally field the day after a workout, I even could run that workout again, of course it was going to be way harder physiologically.

The plan for Sunday was to run 80 mins easy and thats what I did. This time, however, I would only look at the watch int he first km, at 6k and 12k, to not stress about splits, I would just run easy at whatever pace my body felt like going while still going easy.

First km came in 6:51, and I started pretty slugish, so that was a good sign. 6k came in 38:16 and the 12k came in 75:49, so I negative Split the run 43 seconds, so second half came in 37:33 feeling confortable, after 12k,completed 80 mins and called it a day.

I felt better today than last Sunday, maybe I am adapting to the duration of this runs and today it did not feel so long as past weeks. I was a thirsty at the end though, eventhough the weather was in 20 degrees or so.

Solid week of training, 6 runs and feeling pretty good!!

This morning I went to the Gym with my brother, but not to exercise, just to weigh myself, according to the scale I was at 80.5 kgs, which is 177 pounds, that means that in the last 4 months I have lost 20+ pounds which is amazing, and that might explain how good I am feeling in my runs. The last time that I had such a weight was 5 years ago. Again, I am happy about that!

Of course, after I leave Guadalupe I knew that I would lose weight, since I would cook my own food, and would eat way less food that I was eating ( it was "free" there), so when there is free food I personally cant undereat. However, I thought that I would not be able to get back to this weight, but everything is posible!!

My diet is simple: Rice, Pasta, pork meat, cheese and Ham whole wheat bread sándwiches, peanut butter, tuna ,eggs, spinach,tomatoes, milk and chocolate powder to mix it with milk at breakfast. So I think that my current diet is balanced, to some it might look bored, but it Works for me and it has kept me in a very good shape. Of course, the key thing is to control portion sides, I have decreased portions significantly and dont stuff myself anymore. However, that changes when I go to the free buffet, that is the only place that I stuff my face these days.

I only drink diet soda, in the past years I have been addicted to regular sodas which contains a lot of calories thus increasing weight. These days I really enjoy diet soda and does not contain a single calorie.

In the last 4 months, I only have drunk around 5 beers, which is almost nothing for me, Kicking alcohol out of my life has helped a lot in the weight departament, I have thought about quitting completely, that does not have any Benefit at all.

I am not working at the moment, so I wont spend my money on alcohol. and giving it a Deep thought I think I am not spend any money on it when I am working. Maybe I Will drink the occasional beer in social situations, but thats about it.

That pretty much sums up my current diet!

This evening I ll run easy to recover from the weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario