lunes, 7 de enero de 2019

Back to the routine with a tempo run, Ouch! 2 runs in 26 days!

My job contract finished on January 4th, so after that its time to get back to my normal routine. Honestly, I was adapting to the work load, but never actually adapted to the night work shift, thats why my running suffered, because during the day I would sleep and eat and did not have the energy to run.

Now I am back to the running, so that means that I am back to the running training this week, looking for  a job again.

 I ran again on Saturday, 9 days after my last run. My brother and a coworker were running the beach, and I first I declined the offer because they were running 45 mins to 1 hour and I find that to be a lot given that I was completely out of shape. I was thinking more of doing 30-35 mins. However, then I changed my mind and decided to run with them and stop when I needed to, the plan for me was to run 45 mins, given that I ran for 35 mins on my last run easy, I should not have any problems with 10 more mins in a great view such as the Valencia port and beach. Those views are beautiful and always a pleasure to run in the " Paseo marítimo".

We started at 11 a.m. and they took off sub 6 mins per km pace. I am not used to run that fast on my easy days,so I stayed back but under the radar. I did not have idea of the pace that We were running because its not measured. In the first 10 mins my left calf was  giving me problems, yeah! the one that has given me strong cramps in the past that has set me apart for 3 weeks. I was focused on that and I was ready to stop anytime, but did want to get at least to 20 mins to say that I did something.

Anyway, after 10 mins it started to get better and I caught my brother and Pablo at 13:30, I felt pretty warmed up by then, but did know that We were running at 6 mins per km or faster, basically faster than my normal easy pace, I felt very fresh and good though. These days off from running served as rest, but the demands of the job kept me in shape I guess.

After a while they built a gap again and turned around in 25:11, I came in 25:18, I was feeling under control and felt pretty good. After I turned around, I sped up, caught the guys and passed them like a bat, then accelerated even more to build a gap, I dont know How I would last since I was well out of shape or at least I thought, my stride and my breathing were if I was training very consistently to be honest, I kept pushing and never looked back, dont know the exact time that I was running, but finished in 47:53, so did the second half in 22:35, a huge negative Split.

When I finished I felt my legs burned as if I would just run a race, at that moment I realized that indeed I was a Little out of shape since at that pace lactic acid dont build much in normal training. Anyway, I was very surprised with the way that I felt and How I ran, thats the first time that I run for so long after a long break, I always come back with 20 mins run and then ramp up to 30 mins run and take me 3-4 weeks to get 45+ mins runs. However, this time I pretty much took if where I left in terms of volume of easy runs at least.

Pablo came in around 50 mins and my brother did 51:04( He had done a tempo run the night before, so He should not even run that fast in the first place). The GPS of my brother registered 9k so I ran sub 9 mins per mile or 5:20s per km, wow that is my tempo pace when I did 10k in 53:14 2-3 months ago.

Anyway, I am very sore now and I skip the run yesterday because I prefered to sleep, I regret it now.
Today I get back to my running, this week Will be easy though, and Will start workouts next week or in 2 weeks since I want to race in a 5k in February 20 something. I think I can get back into shape by then.

Happy with Saturday`s run, but time to start training Smart again.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario