domingo, 13 de octubre de 2019

Dissapointing 10k race: Sanitas 10k race:47:32

I ran the Sanitas 10k race this morning.

I have to say that I am dissapointed with my performance today, I was aiming for sub 46 mins, given that I ran 46:36 in May, I am in much better shape right now and the course was much faster, since it was in the city and few turns. Very fast course. My tempo runs and my intervals are way faster than back then. So yeah I am very dissapointed. It was not a disaster, but I gave a great effort to run such a slow time. Maybe I was tired from the half maratón, or maybe it was not my day.  I felt strong, I could sing the anthem, but my legs would not go any quicker and I could feel the burn in my legs at 2k and from that point on, a lot of people started to pass me, in that momento I knew that I was slowing down, but I thought that at least I would pull a 46 mins 10k.

I ran from my home to the start of the race as the warm up, around 2-2.2k, then there I did 2-3 x 50m race pace strides ( I had done a couple before getting there). Then got in the corral of sub 45 mins and stayed patiently until start time. The Good think that I like about this race is that there is not a lot of people, but I stayed 14 seconds back, which is back given the quantity of people in this race. Anyway,  I started at a pretty Good rythm and I felt confortable, but I found that I had to turn my legs very quick to maintain that pace, once we hit the 1k mark, people started to pass me. I dont wear a watch in races, but I think I cross the first km in 4:20 to 4:23 more or less, because I saw the leading car with a big clock when I was approaching the 1k mark, I think that I went out too fast. In my last 10k I went out 20-25 seconds slower and worked my way from there, this time around it was the total opposite, I went out fast and payed the Price. I think I kept a Good rythm until the 3k, then my pace progressively got slower, it was Good that I do not wear a watch, since the decreasing in pace would have played with my mind, at least I realized that I had done a disaster at the end and I had given my best effort already. Anyway, tried to hang on the best that I could, people that passed me built a gap, but I kept the gap under control in the second half, so my bonking was not that disastrous. In the last 2-3k I could regroup myself a bit and increased my effort, but when you have the quads burned from the 2 kms, there is not much you can do to increase pace. As I said I felt Good cardiovasculary, but my legs were screaming because of lactic acid built up. In the last km, I was running with a couple of guys and I tried to finish strong, they went ahead, but I was just saving myself for the big sprint. When I saw the clock 200m away, I saw a 47, and I could not believe it, all that effort and pushing, for that time, after I saw that time I accelerated and then I sprinted, just to not get over 48 mins. Final time was 47:32. I felt strong, but the legs did not cooperate. I want to say that I was tired from the half maratón last Sunday, but I felt Good on Friday and yesterday, but a half maratón is not an easy feat, maybe I went out faster than I should and payed the Price. Who knows! Its better to not think much of it. The weather was humid, because I was very sweat when I finished. However, I find that the weather was Good, unlike the half maratón last week that the sun was in full force.

Anyway, I Will try to keep training normally and accept this as a bad day, which is not easy.

14.5k or so total for the day. 2k + warm up + 2 k+ to cool down 5 runs this week as usual. Good week of training!

On to the next one.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario