domingo, 20 de octubre de 2019

Week of easy running

I decided during this week, that I would take a break fro workouts for a couple of weeks before starting a new cycle. I want to be in Good shape by January and February, so its better to take my break now.

Monday - Planned rest day.

Tuesday -  I ran after work at 7:30 p.m., did 8 laps in the Blasco park at an easy pace . My legs were very sore, especially the quads, kept the effort really easy. 7.2k in 46:16.

Wedneday - Felt better than Tuesday, kept the effort easy, but once I warmed up, I let myself loose, but keeping the effort easy. Finished 8 laps in the Blasco park in 44:27.

Thursday - Took the day off and went to the All you can eat Asian buffet with my brother.

Friday - I ran after work although I had zero motivation, I even ate a donut 1 hour or so before running, but it seems that that donut really helped with the energy, because once I started running I felt really Good. Finished 8 laps in 44:51, this run felt much faster than Tuesday run, but running is like that. Anyway, felt real Good. The soreness is gone.

Saturday - In the evening at 6:15 p.m. I went to the Turia park with my brother and We did 8k at an easy pace, I started the first km in 6:44. and decided to went ahead, however, my brother caught me with 3k to go or so. I finished the 8k in 49:39 keeping the effort really relaxed.

Today at 6:15 p.m.I ran in the Turia park once again to run with my brother, but pretty much this run was solo, since I dropped my brother very early in the run and He was only doing 5k, I was doing the same as yesterday so 8k. I kept the effort easy like yesterday, but today it was faster, first km was 6:28, but from the second km till the end I kept the pace between 5:56-6:02 per km. Finished the 8k in 48:18 feeling very relaxed.

The weather the last few days has been amazing, I pretty much dont sweat, as opposed to last week where I sweated even at night running. It seems that the summer is gone and the cooler temps are coming, so that means that probably workouts times are going to improve.

Good week of easy running. I Will do another week of easy running and that Will be my break. 3 weeks without workouts. I did not do workouts between the half maratón and the 10k, so I am counting that as a recovery week as well.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario