jueves, 3 de octubre de 2019

Catching up with good workouts

Its been almost a week since I posted here.

Saturday - After been up all morning buying a new running shoes, since I have  pair, but all  are broken, it was time to buy another one. I bought a cheap pair of Asics and so far they have been Good. They only have  week though. I felt tired when I got home around  2 p.m., but I had a tempo run to do at 6 p.m. my brother was doing 15k at 5:20 per pace, but I dont like such long workouts, I prefer faster and shorter tempos. Anyway, I ran in my new kicks and in the warm up I felt real Good. I warmed up to the Turia park as usual and got there in 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides. I was feeling real Good, but I thought I would run 6k in 28:20 or so, I was prepared to run that kind of time.

Long story short, I ran my best tempo in 10 years and I crashed my 6k time from 3 weeks ago. I ran 6k in 27:16, with first half in 13:41 and second half in 13:35. I was very surprised and happy, because I ran faster than I thought, but also felt real strong. I think the new kicks had to do with it, but also maybe my fitness is showing up. Splits per km were 4:37,4 :37 (9:14), 4:27 (13:41), 4:31 (18:12), 4:37 (22:49), 4:27 to finish up in 27:16. When I saw that time in the 5k, that is my fastest 5k tempo in 10 years. This workout was really a success. My brother ran pretty Good, He did 15k in 79:20 or so. He is preparing for a half maratón on October 13th. I did 11-12 mins for cool down. Around 10-10.5k for the day.

Sunday - In the morning I watched the Berlin maratón where Bekele ran great and almost break the world record, so I posponed my run until the evening. Started running around 5:45 p.m. and the plan was to do 90 mins at an easy pace. I never looked at the watch, just when I had 89:07 and finished the run in 90:35. Felt real Good, but after the hour I just get too thirsty. Felt strong nonetheless.

5 runs that week and feeling pretty Good.

Monday - Planned rest.

Tuesday - After work I ran at 7:45 p.m. in the Blasco park and did 9 laps total and did my usual 6 strides between laps 6-8. I just looked at the watch in the first lap in 5:52 and then never looked again, but pressed the Split button in the 8th lap. 44:02 for 8 laps and 49:41 for 9 laps (8.1k). Felt really Good and the weather is getting better, the heat is going away.

Wednesday - Today after work I did my intervals.This time I had to do them alone and I Will have to do them alone from now on, since my brother is taking a french class on Wednesday. I did pretty Good though and was motivated before the workout, but way too hungry. I did 1 x 1600s, 3 x 800s and 2 x 400s, all with half distance recovery , so 800s after the 1600s, 400s after the 800s and 200s after the 400s. Splits were 6:46, 3:15,3:21,3:16, 1:33,1:32.  Warmed up to the Turia park including 5 x 50m strides and cooled down the same route in 15 mins. I did around 11.2k total for the day.

At lunch time on Wednesday my brother called me and invited me to run a half maratón on Sunday in another town. We were going to cheer for a friend in the half maratón anyway, and I had to do my long run, so I thought of it better and signed up for that half maratón. Although, now I am regreting it a bit, lol. I could have pushed more in the intervals, but I had the half maratón in mind the whole workout and just wanted to run fast, but relaxed and dont hammer in the last repeat, since I can need that energy in the half maratón. I have not decided yet, the effort that I am going to put in , not sure if take it as a long easy run, or treat as a progression, or try to run a PR. The problem is , that I want to run a 10k next Sunday (October 13th), that I want to run well in and its in the city, and forcing myself in an event that I am not even training for would be foolish, maybe I should take the half maratón as  a long run and really do my best on the 10k. We Will see.

My brother Will run Sunday`s half marathon and next Sunday He Will run another half marathon. Since the half marathon is going to be a mega long run for me, I Will treat it as a workout, so I wont run hard on Saturday as usual.

Today I took the day off, just because I was very hungry when I got home, but that means that I Will run Friday, Saturday and Sunday to complete my 5 runs per week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario