sábado, 12 de octubre de 2019

Recovery week

OnWednesday we had festivities here in Valencia, so day off from work. In the afternoon I went to the Turia park and We did 10k at a very easy pace, since We were still tired and sore from the half maratón. I felt really Good nonethe less. The pace was very slow though. 10k in 64:19.

Thursday - I had a headache and was very hungry so I took the day off, that meant that I would have to run the remaining days of the week to accomplish the 5 days per week of running goal.

Friday - After work at 7:30 p.m. I went out to the Blasco park and did 8 laps at a very easy pace, first lap was 5:59 and I kept the effort easy to complete the 8 laps in 46:39. Still not fully recovered. At least not sore anymore.

Saturday - This morning I ran at 11:15 a.m. or something like that after watching Eliud Kipchoge run 1:59:40 for the Marathon. First man in history to do that. That does not count as a world record, but the purpose of that was to show that human is limited. I had eaten breakfast at 8:00 a.m. so I had plenty of energy. Did 8 laps in the Blasco park, the initial plan was to do 6 laps, but felt Good and did 8 laps, and last week I did 8 laps the day before and the race went really well, so I wanted to repeat the ritual. Although I felt easy today, I feel that my legs are not fully recovered from the half maratón. Did 8 laps (7.2k) in 45:27, almost 1 min slower than last Saturday, first lap today was 5:51, then never looked at the watch again and kept the effort very easy. Tomorrow I am Racing a 10k race ,the course  is fast and great and expected last year and the field is not too Deep, but its a flat course here in the city, so it should be fun. In terms of time, I dont know how I Will run, since I am still tired from the half maratón, Will do my best though. The race is called Sanitas 10k.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario