sábado, 5 de octubre de 2019

Easy recovery running

Yesterday  after work, I was very hungry, but forced myself to go out because I already had taken my  days off, so no excuses. I went out and did my planned 8 laps in the Blasco park. It was already dark night when I went out.

First lap was very easy in 5:54, that is common these days, since I am only running in the Blasco park for recovery days. Then I never looked at the watch again, but felt Good on the run and kept the effort very easy as I am running a half maratón on Sunday, as I said. Finished the 8 laps in 46:06 feeling ok. A bit tired, but ok.

Today I woke up at 7 something and ate a slice of bread with peanut butter and waited till 09:30, which Will be the tomorrow`s race start, to see how that peanut butter on toast would let my stomach. It worked very well, since it did not bother during the run, and I need to eat something tomorrow morning, since I Will wake up very early and the race is at 09:30, plus its 21.1k a distance that I have only done once (training and Racing) in my 17 years of running. So tomorrow I Will try a peanut butter sándwich to give me some energy for the HM.

The plan for the run was to do only 6 laps (5.4k) in the Blasco park and be rested for tomorrow, but decided at 6th lap that I would do my normal 8 laps (7.2k). The sun was shining hard, but the weather was Good. I started the first lap in 5:40 feeling a bit tired, but fresh at the same time, decided not to look at the watch anymore, but finished in 44:30 the 8 laps. That surprised me a lot since I was running at the mínimum effort and compared to yesterday it was way faster basically at a lower effort. Maybe the 2 can of sardines are helping me , I ate that for lunch (potatoes with 2 cans of sardines and 2 slices of cheese) for the 6k tempo that I did last Saturday in 27:16. Before my workouts I like to eat healthy. Anyway, felt pretty Good today, fresh and ready to go. I thought about the race during the run and I am definately intimidated by the distance, I have only run that distance once and it was in a race, my longest run has been 90 mins and I am afraid of those last 6.1k. It Will be a mental battle, but I Will do it. As I said before, I want to race a 10k next well where I want to run sub 46:36, which was the time that I ran in my previous race, so I really dont know if treat tomorrow as a long run, or give 100% effort with the risk of still being tired on next week`s race. Probably that Will be a decisión that I Will take during the race. I could just do an easy long run tomorrow( that for me Will be a hard workout because of the extra distance), or follow my brother at his pace until I can, or do it as a progression run.

It Will be fun!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario