domingo, 14 de junio de 2020

Catching up

Monday -  Ran after work at 8 p.m. and did 8 laps in the Blasco park. Felt tired from the longer harder run of the day before. Did the 8 laps in 43:47. Second half in 21:16.

Tuesday - Again ran after work and did 8 laps in the Blasco park incorporating 6 strides from laps 6-8. I think that I over did on the strides since the next day felt somewhat tired. Did 42:14 for the 8 laps and the second half in 20:22. It seems that the strides brought the average down a lot.

Wednesday - After work I did a tempo run with my brother. The idea was to do it on Thursday, but I told him to do it on  Wednesday, because that way I could insert more quality over the weekend. I felt Good, but I lacked the extra gear. Thus, it was slower tan in the previous weeks, but felt better. My brother improved a ton compared to his last tempo, He did 23:06 for 5 laps (4.5k). I completed 5.5 laps to complete 5 kms like the past weeks. The time for me was 24:29 or something like that. I warmed up 13 mins incorporaing 5 x 50m strides and some Dynamic stretching. After 400m I already built a gap on my brother , but he stayed very close up until the last 2 laps where the gap grew a bit more. My splits were very even, but I am not that satisfied with this. 4:21,4:27,4:25,4:25,4:26. Then sped up a bit to finish up strong, but not sprinted. Stopped the clock at 24:29. Then did 3 laps to cool down in 17:11, did around 6 miles or 10k total and was very sweated afterwards, my shirt was Wet. Heat is increasing, thus the heart rate.

Thursday - I ran after work and took the day very easy, felt really tired and almost sore from the tempo. In the second half of the run felt much better and did 44:23 for 8 laps , first half in 22:31, second half in 21:52, but I did not really push the pace at any time, just focused myself on running very easy. It was very hot that day.When I headed out to my run it felt like it was in an oven, ironically, I did not sweat too much. Felt Good at the end.

Friday - Took the day off from running, I did what I always so, walk to and fromw work. no walking in the park.

Saturday - I ran at 8:50 a.m. yesterday because I had a reunion with my homemates and a guest, She even brought a labrador dog. We ate chinese and some chips, but it finished early so I went to bed before 12 which is Good for me. Anyway, the plan for Saturday`s run was to run 65 mins and the last 20 mins at maratón effort and luckily manage my pace better tan last week. I was really happy with this workout and how the faster portion felt. I did 12 laps in the Blasco park and then did 2:01 more to complete the 65 mins. Splits per lap were: 5:46,5:38,5:27,5:27,5:27,5:22,5:25, crossed the 8 laps in 43:59, then when the watch read 45 mins, I started the faster portion, next 4 laps were: 4:50,4:45, 4:43,4:39, then ran more 2:01 at the same pace to complete 65 mins. Right where I wanted to be in the faster part and the effort easier tan I anticipated. These types of workouts is what put myself very strong and give a lot of confidence along with the tempos. I need to work on my intervals though, because the speed is lacking. Felt really solid in the faster part and had not to work as harder as last week to maintain the pace. Around 11.2 k or 7 miles for the day.

Today I got 8 hours of sleep, but decided to run in the evening with my brother, no plas in the evening, so it would be nice to get outside in the afternoon. The plan is to do 8 laps very easy, but if I feel Good I could run some more. The key these days is not to over do it since we dont know when we are going to race.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario