domingo, 28 de junio de 2020

Catching up a solid week of training

Wednesday - public holidays here so my brother and I ran in the morning and we did our workout in the Turia park, that was the first time that I went to the Turia park since March 14th which I think was the last time I ran there. After we were allowed to run I had only done my runs in the Blasco park. I prefer the Turia though. My brother was doing a time trial of 5. I was doing a normal 5k tempo run and if I feel Good I would throw a couple of 200s. I warmed up 15 mins including some short strides and then my brother started ahead since He was doing a time trial. His leading was short lived though, since I passed him in the 700m mark and never looked back. To be honest He did terrible, He finished in 26:07, slower tan this current tempo pace, and He said that the day prior and that day felt very bad. I did my 5k tempo run in 24:27, which was pretty much in the ball park of what I have been running in all my tempo runs in the Blasco park, however, I felt dissapointed since I had done the same in 4 weeks. I want to get to my 23:sss as soon as posible, but it seems that it Will take time. After the 5k, I jogged 400m and then did 2 x 200s in 45,44 seconds moving the legs very fast and the legs very heavy. The next day I felt really sore and I think it was because of the 200s. Not all that happy with this, but the heat is high and at least I did not do a disaster. However, I find myself fatter so I need to take a look at that. 15 mins cool down, for a total of 10.5k or something like that. Oh yeah the splits per km were :4:52,4:58, 2:23 (500m), halfway in 12:14, 2:28 ( second 500m of that km), after watching this Split I knew that it was to be a struggle to run much faster than that, 4:55, and then 4:49 in the last one. I finished tired, but still under control, but I wanted it to be faster. 2 second negative Split.

Thurday -  I ran after work at 7:30 p.m. and I felt really tired that day, just did 8 laps in the Blasco park very easy chatting with my brother, finished in 46:52 which is my slowest time in a year maybe in 8 laps. Anyway, I was very tired and when you are tired you have to recover. Easy days easy.

Friday  -  I took the day off as usual.

Saturday - This was the day of my progression long run. The plan was to do 75 mins in the Turia park with 4.5k -5k at maratón effort, which in reality is not my maratón effort, but I feel Good at that pace and find myself that I recover well from that, and I am also doing 1 hard sesión per week as there are no races on the horizon. Was running 5:55,5:52,5:54 for the first kms that I tracked in the Turia park ( i started from my home so when I got to the Turia park I do have around 14 mins of running). Then did 3:30 more easy before starting my faster portion, whic came in 5:16,5:04,5:00,4:58, then I hit the place where I need to  go to home, but I decided to add 500 more meters at that pace since 4k is too Little and I had been doing 4.5 (5 laps in the Blasco park). Did 2:31 for that 500m, but it was out and back and I had to run a few meters extra since another guy was very close behind and did not wanted to turn around that suddenly. When the fast portion finished I was tired, since the last 15 mins home were very easy and the legs felt very heavy. I stopped the watch at 75:58. Its incredible how easy 5:00 to 5:05 feel easy and 4:55  already feels hard. Maybe I need more speed? Anyway, very happy with that long run,. This run was done in the morning at 8 a.m.

Sunday -  Today I wanted to do 60 mins, its time to ramp up and start training with volumen, I almost do 75 mins again, but decided to take easier , no races coming up, so the increase need to be gradually. I headed out today at 7:50 a.m. to the turia park and I felt tired from the get go, up until the first half, I turned around at 30:30, then on the way back started to feel better and better and finished feeling pretty Good. I tracked some kms once I was in the park. They were: 6:17, 6:06,6:03, after the first one which yesteray I did it in 5:55 and it felt the same effort, I knew that I was pretty tired. But as I said I felt much better in the second half in did 90 seconds negative Split or something like that. I would say that I did 9.5k to 6 miles of running today.

I need to take advantages of the weekends, since I dont work and I have much more time. 6 runs for the week and getting stronger. However, I want to start improving my tempos again  and I need to start doing structured intervals. A coworker is on vacation from Wednesday up until July 17th, so those are going to be hard days at work. I dont know how my training or motivation, I Will still train of course, but I dunnot if I would have motivation for workouts after such days at work. As I said I Will try to squeeze them and I Will take advantage of the weekend, but hopefully the 6 runs per week Will continue.

I hope you had a great week of training!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario