domingo, 7 de junio de 2020

Catching up

Saturday May 30 -  At 8 p.m. as I said if  I felt Good I woul throw a tempo run. Did not feel my best, but did not feel bad so I opted for the tempo. As opposed to our past tempo, that day was very warm. I did 12 mins warm up, then did some Dynamic stretching. In the second lap of my warm up I always throw 5 x 50m strides to loosen up. I could beat last weeks time for a couple of seconds, but felt way more tired and the last 500m I had to dig Deep mentally. Splits per lap were 4:18,4:27,4:19,4:25,4:24 and then 2:20s more to stop the watch at 24:19 or something like that. Honestly that is a 24:15-24:20 for the 5k.Right in that ball park. Despite improving my time from 9 days ago, I felt more tired, last time I felt somewhat fresh. However, as I have said that Saturday was hot. 12 mins warm down (2+ laps).  9+ laps total. All right day. I did that in the Blasco park of course.

Sunday May 31 -  Went in the evening to the Blasco, and the plan was to do 8 laps easy. I felt so Good that after my 8 laps in 43:09, I decided to do the bigger lap that got me to the Cabanyal station and back, took me 13:28. I stopped the watch in 56:49. Around 9.3k total.

Monday June 1st - After work at 8 p.m. I felt really tired that Monday, the total opposite of previous day. I threw 6 strides from laps 6-8, but felt heavy on the strides, tired. Did the 8 laps in 42:50, the 2 laps of strides helped a ton bring the pace down ( those 2 laps were in 4:50,4:49).

Tuesday June 2 - After work again at 8 p.m. still felt tired, but managed to do 8 laps (7.2k) in 43:12. Finished feeling Good though.

Wednesday June 3rd -  I did not want to run easy again, so I opted for a light fartlek workout to mix things up and accelerate my return to fitness. I would do 5-7 reps of 1 mins fast and 1 mins slow. I finally did 7 repeats. I warmed up 13 mins total incorporating 5 x 50m strides. Laps including recovery were fast, 3 laps were in 4:14, 8:32 (4:18), 12:54 (4:22). Then kept running till complete the 13 mins. Did 7 repeats and was surprised because when I was in shape I crossed the 3 laps in around 13:15, but of course, I was doing 13-14 repeats, so the doublé and feeling much better that the end. That Wednesday I was really huffing and puffing after the 3rd repeat, so in workouts is that you realice that you are out of shape.

Thursday - After work did 8 laps pretty easy to recover, I was really tired and I could only muster 44:13 for 8 laps, which was fast previous qurantine as I was always tired.

Friday -  I took the off from running, but I went to the park to walk and to see my brother do his run. I did 16000 steps for the day as I go to work and come from work walking (5.5k total) everyday.

Saturday - I ran at 08:45 a.m. since in the evening we had some visitants and we have some beers and then a Kebab, I went to bed yesterday full and basically I did do the digestión at night so I woke up today ( Sunday) full and I knew that the run would not be optimal. I did 8 laps in the Blasco park and the park was so peacefully that I could let my mind wander. I did 44:42. I only look at the watch in the first lap in 5:43 and then did not look again until the end 44:42. 1 lap waking afterwards.

Sunday -  Today I ran again at 08:45 a.m., as I said my stomach did not feel well, but I could take care of things pre run. However, in the run felt sluggish and did not feel Good, but luckily at the end I felt pretty Good. The plan was to run 60 mins and the last 20 mins as progression. I did this in the Blasco park and registered all the laps in my watch. I started way slower tan I wanted, but thats what I had it today. I started at 5:48 the first lap and it felt like 5:20 which was the pla, right there I knew that it was going to be a rough day. Was not so bad though. Then gradually worked my way to 5:20 laps at the 40 mins park and then started my 20 mins progression, last laps after the progressions were 5:01,5:00, the first lap I started the progression after 70 seconds of starting that lap, so I really expected that time. However the second lap was enteraly at progression effort so I was really surprised to have run that slow after " moving" my legs. Then I accelerated on purpose, of course remaining in the control zone. Next couple of laps were in 4:46 and 4:39, right where I wanted to be, the last couple of laps really helped to average the 4:50 per lap that I wanted in the portion part. I had 58:22 in the 11th lap which was the 10k, then ran basically at the same effort or a tad faster until the 60 mins mark. Felt Good at the end, but today is one of those days that I realice of the importance of Good nutrition, I think I would have done a lot better if I would have eaten my normal dinner of tuna, eggs spinach, cheese, tomatoes sándwiches. Than to eat potatoe ships, kebab and beer. I definetly feel those in my stomach. However, I could really get my run in and the effort was there. So happy about that. Around 10.3k total for the day. Did around half a lap of walking afterwards. Wore sunglasses today, I bought them yesterday, because these days the sun is hitting hard.

6 runs for the week, right where I want to be. This evening I Will go to the park to do some walking.Again watching my brother run and to look at the scenary, is not that easy to be at home all day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario