domingo, 21 de junio de 2020

Catching up

Sunday June - Ran in the evening at 8 p.m. with my brother. I pretty much built a gap right away, so I basically ran alone. I did a couple of big laps , each lap has around 2.2k. I did a couple of big laps and the rest Little laps, until I completed  the 50 mins of running. I kept the effort easy and felt Good.

6 runs for the week, I have run 6 days per week since re open of the running, so since May 2nd I am hitting 6 times per week, and one week I ran everyday.

Monday  -  Ran after work at 8 p.m. and did 8 laps and from laps 6 to 8 incorporated 6 strides. Did 42:24 and the second half was 20:19. It seems that I am running faster than I should in the strides, but I do it to develop the speed that I have lost. 7.2k total for the day.

Tuesday - Again ran after work at 8 p.m. I kept the effort easy for 8 laps, and did 43:40 or 43:47, dont remember very well. 7.2k again for the day.

Wednesday - I ran after work again and the plan was to do a fartlek, something faster. I warmed up 13 mins and incorported 5 short strides, then did 4 x 2 mins with 2 mins easy jog in between, the jog was at my easy pace, not almost walking kind of recovery. I felt pretty Good during this workout and I felt like I was working, but not dying. I did 3 laps in 13:02 (4:21,4:25, 4:16). Then continued to finish the 4th repeat at 14:00. Then stopped for a couple of mins and then did 17:11 for cool down feeling pretty Good. This workout gave me confidence that I am not that slow.

Thursday - I ran after work again at 8 p.m. I think one can run earlier already, but I like to take several mins to rest and drink some wáter, and at 8 p.m. the sun is shining pretty hard. I did again 8 laps very easy, felt tired that day. Did 44:56.

Friday -  I took the day off. No walking in the park, just off because on Saturday morning I was doing a long run with progression.

Saturday - I was running at 7:30 a.m. wore my sunglasses, but kept it on my hair. Did 3 big laps, I find that those big laps are benefitial when you are doing longer runs, is not easy to do laps of 900m over and over again.I did 3 big laps in 14:04, 13:45,13:35, then did 1 lap at the same pace in 5:20, then did 5 laps at maratón effort, which was faster than I thought and felt way better than anticipated.4:35, after watching that Split, I told my self to slow down a Little bit, 4:43,4:39,4:37,4:36. Finished in exactly 70 mins which was the plan for the day. I think I did more than 12k today. Felt pretty strong, especially in the faster portion. In the evening drank beer and for dinner had 2 kebabs. I ate dinner at 8 p.m., so I thought that by Sunday morning I would be Good for my run, but it seems that I cannot diggest those kebab very well.

Sunday - Woke up at 6:55 a..m. but had to wait a while before going out because I felt full and had intestinal problems during my run, luckily it was only in the intestine, if it was in the belly also, I would have had serious problems, if you know what I mean. I was out at 8 a.m. and did 3 big laps, 1 Little normal lap and then ran almost 3 mins to complete the 50 mins that I had planned for today. splits were 14:22,13:46,13:37,5:22 and then 2:49 to complete the 50 mins. Felt Good, but as I said had stomach problems. Anyway, 6 runs for the week completed, and very solid week of training.

I Will have to incorpórate some more morning running during week, especially in the next few weeks that one of my coworkers Will be on vacation and the work Will be a lot, better to run first thing in the morning and then concéntrate on the work without having the pressure to have to run. Also, all you can eat buffet are already open, so tonight we probably are going to eat there.

Also I have been thinking on sign in a gym to lift heavy weights, I am in a healthy weight, but somehow I am fluffy, so need to workout those muscles and see if I can get to a decent look. Anyway, I always tell the same and never actually get into the gym, the most consistent I have been in the gym is when I was doing the master, but only 4-5 weeks, not enough time to see decent progress. I eat a lot ,so I think I wont have any problema building muscle.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario