domingo, 2 de agosto de 2020

Thursday and Saturday run

On Thursday -  I ran after work and did  laps very easy to recover from the previous`s day workout. It was hot that day, but nothing like Wednesday. I did 8 laps in the Blasco park at 8:15 p.m. I did not look at the watch during the run, I just whatever pace felt easy. Finished the 8 laps in 45:18. Felt Good, but kinda tired.

Friday -  That was my day off.

Saturday -  I went to bed on Friday at 10:45 p.m. which is early for me, so on Saturday I was up at 6:00 a.m. without the alarm clock ( which was set for 6:30 ). I went out at 7:30 a.m. or something like that, the sun was not out in full forcé yet, but it felt like a sauna. I felt flat from the get go, so I was deciding in if I do the planned tempo, or just run easy. At the end of the 16 mins warm up felt much better, then did drills and then did 5 x 50-60m striders and I felt Good, had to wait my brother for a while. THe plan for me was to do the tempo, but without looking at the watch and running purely by feel. In the end I did 24;49 for 5k, but did 1 min negative Split and ran the first half very slow. I felt Good though, but the pace did not feel that slow. My brother told the time at half way, and I was surprised with how slow we were running, certainly the pace felt faster. He shouted 12:50 for 2.5k, and I just started calculating that to run sub 25 mins I had to push the pace a lot and run 1 min faster in the second half. I really pushed, but to be honest I could only make up  the time in the last km, which I ran it close to the pace that I ran in my last 2 intervals on Wednesday. Splits per km were 5:08,5:11, 2:31 (500m out), 12:50 halfway, 2:26 (500m back, so 4:57 for that km), 4th km in again 4:57 and then pushed in the last one and really ran as fast as I could go without losing my form in the last 100m. Could manage 4:33 in the last km to finish in 24:49. Heck I was running close to half maratón race pace in the first 2 kms  and it felt faster, I felt Good though. Did the second half in sub 12 mins I think, so this was not a total failure. Then did another 15:30 for cool down, around 10k total for the day.

I Will run in the evening today because I ate a lot yesterday night, but probably I would skip the long run today, maybe I Will do 60 mins. No races in the horizon, and I have been doing long runs everyweek for the past 2+ months, so a down week Will not hurt.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario